Cruise Docs are in, but says Main Seating

Last year when we sailed on Celebrity they sent our cruise documents and they said late seating, when we had requested main seating. We brought this to the attention of our travel agent and they called Celebrity. Celebrity looked in their computer and said it was just a misprint on our documents. That we were having dinner when we requested. You might want to call and double check.

Countdown until Voyager of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;21;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Thanks for the info! I called RCCL and they switched me to Late seating. They also had to change the spelling of my first name. They are issuing me new docs that I will pick up at the pier. Yippie!

<MARQUEE>icon_smile.gifShelia icon_smile.gif</MARQUEE>

Sailing the Mariner in.......

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<font color="#003399" face="Benguiat Bk BT">Carnival Destiny 2002</font>

icon_cool.gif

You can switch the 1st day in the afternoon (before 3:30?) by going to the dining room. On a recent RCCL cruise our table assignment was "000". Being newbie-cruisers we didn't think to check. Thankfully, we got to the dining room right before they closed the doors. No one said a word at check-in. I'm still ticked at RCCL about this.

I will definitely check with the dining room once we are on board to make sure we have late seating and what our seating assignments are. Thanks for the tip!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

This past January, I booked a Europe cruise on Jewel sailing in August requesting main dining. My wife has diabetes and always has blood sugar problems if we eat dinner late. My TA sent me a booking email with confirmation on Main dining noted.

Then I was browsing the RCCL website recently and pulled up my reservation... and it stated second seating. I contacted my TA and he said that the booking info he sent me was in error, and main dining is now sold out icon_mad.gif

Now I'm stuck on a waiting list and may not find out until we board if we can eat at main dining at all.

Very frustrating, I always thought the reason to pay a little extra for a live TA was to avoid this kind of problem. On my next booking, I've done it myself on a web site. That way I know that if there's a screw up in the instructions, it's my own fault.

Voyager - Dec,2001

Jewel - Aug, 2004

Adventure - Jan, 2005

Good luck! I hope you get main seating. If not, you might have appetizers in your cabin before dinner.

Archived