Legend getting ready to book

pknapper

We are looking at a family vacation June of 2010. Have narrowed it down to Legend. Originally we were thinking a Cat 9a room. There will be 4 of us myself and DH, DD-18 and DS-15. Was worried room might be too small for all 4 of us. Called Carnival and PVP suggested a standard balcony with a connecting inside room (one like this available) or a standard balcony with an inside directly across the hall. Both these options are at the very front of the ship. Is there anthiing bad about being this far forward?

TIA

Motion! I would stay away from the front of the ship if possible.There should be connecting balcony rooms available this far out. I have not been in the 9A's on the Legend, but have been in a regular balcony cabin on that class ship with 3 other women! We did just fine on space. There is an overhead bunk and then the couch as the fourth bed; both comfortable. The couch also has two large drawers underneath for storage. If 6232 is available it would give you a HUGE balcony. The cabin is over the lifeboats, which does not obstruct your view unless you are leaning over and looking down.

2150354170064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

We had 7258 and this is how long the balcony is:

2558366350064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

I love, love, love rooms at the very front of the ship! I've had the forewardmost balconies on the Miracle and Victory (8101 would be the room on the Legend) and I prefer this location. We had no issue with motion except on one night on Miracle that the motion was bad everywhere onboard. We couldn't walk through the fun shops area in a straight line, which is in the very centre of the ship!

One suggestion - if you're going for the balcony/interior adjoining, I wouldn't go for deck 5 since you'd be right above the show lounge, and I've heard it can be very loud, at all hours of the day.

I do think it's a good decision to be in a separate room from your teens. You, and they, will be grateful, I think!

I was on this cruise in June and there were 7 of us in two rooms. One of the rooms housed my four teenagers. I have been on 5 cruises and this is a good choice because of itinerary and ship.

If it were me, I would book a standard balcony for two and put the teenagers directly across the hall. I have had extended balcony rooms on the Spirit class ships and each of them looked down onto lifeboats. I liked having the smaller balcony because when I looked down, it was directly to the water.

Just my humble opinion

I wouldn't worry about being at the front of the ship. I would worry about sharing a a cabin with 2 teenagers, LOL.

At 18, I would not want to share with the 'rents :cool:

Plus the extra space and shower facilities will come in handy when getting ready in the morning and evenings.

You can book a balcony with an inside across the hall just about anywhere on the ship. That is what we do most cruising, taking my mom and putting her and our 2 DS in the inside. That would be my choice, unless I was doing an island hopper from St. Thomas - the liklihood of rough seas there isn't great, unless you are somehow magically "caught" in a surprise storm; but I don't see that happening as they tend to stay away from hurricanes.

If you go with the front, you may hear the anchor when you go in and out of port- it can be loud. Also if you hit rough seas, you are gonna hear the waves slamming into the bow. Camp Carnival is in the front of the ships up high, and when we hit 20" seas March 08 coming back across the gulf at the end of our cruise, a lot of kids could not hack camp because of the motion up there. And you could clearly hear the "BOOM" each time we hit a wave.

We had an extended balcony on the Legend in November--forgot the cabin number but it was the 4th one from the front of the ship on deck 5. It was awesome! No noise and no problems what so ever. We loved it.

We chose deck 5 because I wanted to be closer to the water in hopes of seeing dolphins etc.

The view from the balcony was straight down to the water, no obstruction of the view at all.

There are pictures (and probably the cabin number) in my review. There is a link to it in my signature.

Okay, I checked and we were in cabin 5115 and dh's brother and wife were in 5117. We loved the location and cabins.

Happy Sails!

Thanks for all the help, it is greatly appreciated. We have decided to go with 2 cabins on deck 6, standard balcony and the connecting interior. Yes the thought of having 2 teens in my room for that long made me cringe. LOL. The only bad part is waiting until June to cruise. I am very excited and have heard nothing but great things about Carnival ships.

Archived