CB Late night departure: Dinner options?

topnotchike

My wife and I, along with another couple will be departing out of San Juan on Nov.1 (yeah!). The CB is scheduled to depart SJ late (11 pm). I was wondering if they serve dinner in the dining room when departing so late(we have chosen to do the second seating of traditional dining)? Thanks in advance for the info.

Rick

They do serve dinner in the main dinning rooms on the day of departure. The life boat drill is usually held at 8pm so they will not seat you near that time as they have to shut down for that. We had anytime dinning so I am not sure how late seating will work. I would suspect it would be after the life boat drill. We ate before the life boat drill and then enjoyed ourselves on deck for sailaway after the life boat drill.

When we were on the CB in May out of San Juan, they had a great seafood buffet in the Caribe/Horizon. I think the buffet ran until late and we saw them constantly replenishing the shrimp, crab, etc.

You mentioned the life boat drill @ 8. So they have the drill that early? With the 11 pm departure I would think not everyone would be back on the ship to participate.
There will be another life boat drill on the first full day for those who did not attend the 8pm muster on embarkation day.

You might want to consider dining in Horizon Court that evening as second seating my not be until 8:30 at the earliest.

Lew

My wife and I, along with another couple will be departing out of San Juan on Nov.1 (yeah!). The CB is scheduled to depart SJ late (11 pm). I was wondering if they serve dinner in the dining room when departing so late(we have chosen to do the second seating of traditional dining)? Thanks in advance for the info.

Rick

We are on the same cruise and we can't wait to set sail :)

There are plenty of options for dining. The buffets, pizza and burger places are always open and I believe they schedule the muster drill between the traditional seating.

Archived