ATV Tour Near Anchorage

weedhopper

We will have all day Sunday in Anchorage and would like to go on an ATV tour. The Alaska Backcountry ATV is closed on Sundays. Has anyone gone on a fun ATV 3 to 5 hour tour? We won't have enough time to go to Denali, so it needs to be near Anchorage.

If that's what your schedule dictates, then I guess I shouldn't tell you this....

Oh we LOVED ATV Backcountry tours!!! That was our absolute favorite excursion of all--better than Bering Sea Crab (although a lot of it was that ATV was 8 hours whereas Bering Sea Crab was only 3). Although it's hard to tell how much of that was the guide and how much was just getting to ATV to Knik Glacier. Those were busy trails, so it wouldn't surprise me if there were other guided tours out there. One issue we had were the beavers. Their dams proved to be quite effective, which proved to be a problem when we tried to cross several streams. There may be other ATV tours (such as Denali) as well, but what made this one particularly cool was that we were ATV'ing on a glacial morraine. The morraine has a very specific feel to it, lots of little streams. Big glacier in front of you, mountain goats to left of you, moose behind you...you got the idea.

You're right.........I wish you wouldn't have told me what a great time you had!! :) I did find another tour, Blackbear ATV Adventures near Talkeetna, so I'm hoping someone has used this company and also replies to my question.

You're right.........I wish you wouldn't have told me what a great time you had!! :) I did find another tour, Blackbear ATV Adventures near Talkeetna, so I'm hoping someone has used this company and also replies to my question.

I was planning on doing Blackbear ATV tours (since it seemed too complicated to book the other company from Talkeetna). Haven't heard anything about them, but it seemed like something to do :)

When were you planning on going?

We would like to go on Sunday, August 30th. They offer a tour at noon and another one at 3:30 p.m. They offer free pick up from the hotel, but we'll be driving from Anchorage, so they indicated the actual riding would be about 2 hours.

Archived