eastern med dec 2010

imru12

I've cruised the Eastern Med in mid- to late-November. We had excellent weather, but we were a little luckier than average, I think. The more northerly ports can be cold that time of the year. I'm not sure what your itinerary is, but Istanbul or Rome, for example, can be chilly. Venice may be cool and rainy. Most other Eastern Med ports that are southerly should not be too cold (e.g., Greek isles, etc). If you are stopping in Egypt, the weather is ideal -- in fact, December is considered "high season" for visiting that country.

It's a nice time of year to cruise, because there are few crowds. However, a few stores and places in the more tourist-driven ports may be closed.

Go to wunderground.com and you can check out historical temps for the dates you are looking at. Average highs and lows as well as rain levels. Very good site to look at when planning a trip for the future anywhere.

Thanks for the information. We will be going from Barcelona to Rome,Athens,Piraeus and Alexandria. The cool weather sounds great since I live in south Florida I don't see much of that. My other question is which port should I do on my own and which with a tour. Any ideas or suggestion would be helpful.

Archived