Train to hotel to airport for car rental in ANC

natvtxn

I need some logistics help. We are leaving on Friday out of Vancouver cruising to Seward. We are taking the train to ANC the next Friday evening. We are staying at the Crowne Plaza on International Airport Road in ANC. We will need to pick up our car rental (Thrifty) on Saturday morning. What I need help with is 1) transportation to hotel from train station and 2)transportation to car rental.

Ya'll have been SUCH help and I appreciate the effort from everyone!

I need some logistics help. We are leaving on Friday out of Vancouver cruising to Seward. We are taking the train to ANC the next Friday evening. We are staying at the Crowne Plaza on International Airport Road in ANC. We will need to pick up our car rental (Thrifty) on Saturday morning. What I need help with is 1) transportation to hotel from train station and 2)transportation to car rental.

Ya'll have been SUCH help and I appreciate the effort from everyone!

Well looks like you're going to be some of the first guest in the Crowne Plaza. I know they've been doing final touches on it (drive by it every day to and from work).

Looks like you'll have to do a cab from the train station to the hotel (should run with tip probably in the vicinity of $20 to $25) but I checked and it says that they run a courtesy shuttle to the airport. Well the Thrifty off site isn't that far from the airport so you may ask at the desk to see if they will drop you, if not, I think a taxi will run in the ($17 to $18 range with tip).

Susan in Anchorage :)

oh my, never thought of this issue. we are booked on the HAL train from seward to anchorage (also this friday). where will our trip drop us off. we are staying at hampton by the airport. how do we get there? worry! worry! and i thought i had it all figured out.

Beverly

oh my, never thought of this issue. we are booked on the HAL train from seward to anchorage (also this friday). where will our trip drop us off. we are staying at hampton by the airport. how do we get there? worry! worry! and i thought i had it all figured out.

Beverly

A little confused as I wouldn't classify the Hampton Inn by the airport. I consider the Hampton to be in Midtown. Just did the google mileage and by car it's 3.3 miles from the hotel to the Airport. That's assuming there are not roads closed between the hotel and the airport. We are currently in major construction in lots of roads here in town. Even us Anchorage residents are getting frustrated because every route I usually takes is closed/detoured, including the street out of my subdivision.

Not sure if the HAL train uses the airport train station or the downtown train depot but either way you'll have to catch a cab.

i was just guessing it was by the airport because i requested an airport location. oh well. thanks for the info. so we will take a cab from wherever the train leaves us.

while you are giving out info on anchorage....is the zoo worth a visit? I am hoping to find a small regional zoo with animals native to the area.

thanks for the info!

Beverly

i was just guessing it was by the airport because i requested an airport location. oh well. thanks for the info. so we will take a cab from wherever the train leaves us.

while you are giving out info on anchorage....is the zoo worth a visit? I am hoping to find a small regional zoo with animals native to the area.

thanks for the info!

Beverly

Beverly,

Okay this is my opinion and I'm bias (I'm a big supporter of the zoo and I adopt an animal each year - I'm a lynx mommy this year :D) but I enjoy the zoo no matter how many times I have gone.

This past weekend it just celebrated it's 40th anniversary and is still going strong!

thanks Susan! so we will defiintely do the zoo on saturday, our flight out is not till

7PM.

I meant to call HAL today to see where the train will drop us on friday.

Beverly

Beverly,

You may want to give the hotel a call and see if they possibly pick up at the airport or the train station.

I know there are a couple of hotels in midtown that do it, I've seen the vans but I can't remember what hotel names are on the side.

Archived