Celebrity latest drydock/makeover schedule

hodok

Arno, is it me or have they still not done a damn thing about those fogged up window panes in the top obervation lounge ??? If so, RCL appears strubbornly determined to allow those windows to stay '' viewers unfriendly'' from now till etenity on the affected vessels in their brands....

Mercury, thus affected for years, still sports the same ( ++ a few more ) foggy window panes she did since I first laid eyes on her over 6 years ago...and sailed her 3 years ago...

You're a ''past frequent cruiser'' on board Galaxy....were the interior changes as widespread and dramatic as the pix appear to indicate ??

Cheers

Arno, is it me or have they still not done a damn thing about those fogged up window panes in the top observation lounge ???

Cheers

Hi Claude;

We were on board just after they changed them.

It was amazing how long they took to improve the lounge.

Those interior changes were all after the XFR. Too bad X never upgraded the ships rather than removing her fro the X fleet. I still wonder how long non-S-class ships will survive after the last one is delivered.

I am just hoping they do something about the area where they originally had wonderful panoramic views (front of ship) on an upper deck. They took this area and ruined it for some kind of special Las Vegas type show that flopped! Since the, the setup has been weird to say the least. Hope it is restored like it was originally - a great place to sit and relax and take in all of the wonderful views. :rolleyes:

• 4 months later...
Yes, this is correct. Connie will be in drydock for refurbishing after that transatlantic crossing. This has been confirmed by a family member who is high up on the Celebrity managment food chain. It is not a rumor.

Mary

Does anyone know if the Connie makeover will include Aqua Class cabins? We did the Solstice to the Med last June and AQ was wonderful.

Thanks

Carole

• 6 months later...
Does anyone have the latest schedule? I couldn't find any and tried to compile one myself. Please feel free to correct/comment.

Name………...Built……..Drydock/refurb

Century – 1995 – Apr 2006 $55 mil

Mercury – 1997 – Apr 2007

Millenium – 2000 – May 2009 $10 mil

Infiniti – 2001 – Dec 2008

Summit – 2001 – Apr 2008

Constellation –2002 – Apr 2010

Xpedition – 2001 - 2004

Solstice – 2008

Equinox – 2009

Eclipse – (2010)

This is a posting from cruise critic:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3856

As you can see by my history I have been loyal to Princess, but I am developing a wandering eye. :D Hope it is useful.

Travlngar, I have sailed a handful of times with each line and while Princess is special b/c it was the first cruise DH and I took together, we both prefer celebrity, which I would describe as slightly more refined/upscale-- and (as fellow Southern Californians) more in line with our smoking preferences.

Archived