QM2 Spa price list

Crystaltipps

Wow! :eek: Even using the preferential exchange rate for buying on board credit in advance those prices are seriously high compared to the UK! 50% more for a facial than at home. No wonder they don't advertise the prices on the Cunard website but recomend that you book in advance.

Does anyone have a price list for the spa treatments on QM2? The only brochure I can find helpfully omits the important bit!

Thanks

Sarah

Here is the online Menu of Services for Canyon Ranch on QM2, with prices. And, wonder of wonder, the prices are the same as the January, 2008, on-board price list that I saved here.

Wow! :eek: Even using the preferential exchange rate for buying on board credit in advance those prices are seriously high compared to the UK! 50% more for a facial than at home. No wonder they don't advertise the prices on the Cunard website but recomend that you book in advance.

I agree they are outrageous - a chin wax, which takes 5 mins is $30, I pay about £3.50!! I will make sure I've got everything waxed, cut & highlighted, self tanned, manicured, pedicured before I get on board!! Sue

prices are outrageously high.

There must be alot of rich people on boards to pay those prices

I looked at the spa prices and they appear to be in-line with resorts. And the salon prices match-up pretty close to what one would pay at a downtown salon in Boston.

There is a Canyon Ranch here in Massachusetts. A six night, all inclusive stay at the resort there (without the spa treatments) is a lot more than what a TA crossing costs on the QM2. Maybe it makes the spa treatments look less expensive by comparison to the room rates.

I looked at the spa prices and they appear to be in-line with resorts. And the salon prices match-up pretty close to what one would pay at a downtown salon in Boston.

There is a Canyon Ranch here in Massachusetts. A six night, all inclusive stay at the resort there (without the spa treatments) is a lot more than what a TA crossing costs on the QM2. Maybe it makes the spa treatments look less expensive by comparison to the room rates.

Obviously our UK prices are an awful lot cheaper than in the US then. I've just checked out my local salon and they are as follows, as compared to Canyon Ranch.

Half Leg Wax UK £15 CR $50

Massage UK £30, CR $135

Stone Massage UK £50 CR $205

Facial £45, CR $165

At the moment the exchange rate is about $1.60 to the £1, but even at a better rate there is a huge difference. I appreciate that my local spa doesn't have the pool etc, so probably not comparing like for like, but you can see why I'm shocked if this is what you would pay in a Boston salon. My salon is about 15 miles from Central London. No doubt there are tips on top of the $ prices as well - whereas here the tips would be a much smaller amount.

Having said all this, I probably will treat myself to a treatment on board, but will probably only be able to have one, during our 19 day voyage, unless they put on some pretty serious specials.

Sue

• 5 years later...
Does anyone have a price list for the spa treatments on QM2? The only brochure I can find helpfully omits the important bit!

Thanks

Sarah

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=808ecad12a&view=att&th=14bcd167248cd8fe&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P8pSBHNJ1Me_QAowvMUqJf4&sadet=1425188305207&sads=suhTKe5jgBmTAUmDAWurSmMyxWA

Sarah, I hope you can open and see the above link to the treatment charges for the canyon spa price list. It was sent to me on G mail as an attachment to an e mail. I had called the spa's number for the Queen Mary 2 Canyon Spa. I spoke with the spa director Kevin Ingram. I asked him for a price list and he later responded with a E mail. I was sent a message from the Canyon Spa's director and he attached both two menus which to me is ridiculous. For the life of me I can not understand why they do not include the prices with the description of the particular treatments. None the less I reviewed the prices and was really set back at the phi-nominal over pricing. But that wasn't all,..I will copy the message i sent to Kevin after looking over the prices for waxing. ...THIS IS MY E MAIL TO KEVIN >>

Well Kevin Just as I was thinking our correspondence was coming to an end, I did some math. And it seems the pricing isn't well put together,.I shall explain. You said in your e mail... That you received a message from the ship and that their " FULL BODY WAX COMBINATION " which was priced at $231.00 included a bikini- a full arm and a full leg. That is not a full body but just look at the pricing for now.

I shall show you how this is grossly over charging.

In your price list of waxing charges there is also another combination it is the FULL LEG AND BIKINI WAX That is priced at $149.00 now If I add a FULL ARM priced at $62.00 Which would then make the combination that of the full body,.. Then the total for the same body parts adds up to $211.00 That is a $20,00 difference. for the same body parts??

And that is not all ...if you book the full leg at $103.00 and the full arm $62.00 and then the bikini at $51.00 all individually it adds up to $216,00 ,...??????????????

BOOKING A FULL PACKAGE SHOULD SAVE US MONEY TO BOOK IT ALL TOGETHER,..NOT COST US MORE. Who created this mess of prices that doesn't add up ? And what can be done for me? .Grace Onzo. ....

<OK SARAH , I hope this opened your eyes so you too will watch out as there are several mistakes like this on the price list ...I hope you can see the price list,in my link above. If does not show above call or write to Canyon Ranch and ask for a price list for the queen mary ,...they will E mail you one. Good luck. Queen Grace.:confused :confused:

Canyon Ranch

8600 E. Rockcliff Rd.

Tucson, AZ 85750

Ph. 520-749-9000 Ext. 4207

Fax 520-235-8535

kingraham@canyonranch.com