Question on Diamond perks for 8/28 cruise

mimicsr

I am totally confused. This will be our first cruise as Diamond status members. It's on the Rhapsody (no C. lounge) out of Seattle to Alaska on 8/28. Will there be a Diamond event for us somewhere else with comp. wine/champagne, or does this only apply to sail dates after 9/1. I have received no e-mail. I don't believe the Rhapsody has a designated Diamond Lounge. Does anybody have answers to this? Thanks.

I am totally confused. This will be our first cruise as Diamond status members. It's on the Rhapsody (no C. lounge) out of Seattle to Alaska on 8/28. Will there be a Diamond event for us somewhere else with comp. wine/champagne, or does this only apply to sail dates after 9/1. I have received no e-mail. I don't believe the Rhapsody has a designated Diamond Lounge. Does anybody have answers to this? Thanks.

Excellent question, I am not sure anyone will know this answer until it happens. I wonder if they're going to leave things "as is" until 9/1, then the magic wizard will create a Diamond event on the 5th night of your cruise.;) Or perhaps they will start it from the beginning because 9/1 falls in the middle of your cruise, but I rather doubt that but they could surprise me!

The change takes place for cruises departing on or after 1st Sep 2009 :)

So you should get the benefits as they exist at present :)

I just got an answer to my own Q. by calling C&A direct. It seems that whether we have a "Diamond Event" or not will be up to the captain and staff. Since the 9/1 rule changes go into effect DURING our cruise, we might not be offered anything since the Rhapsody does not have a C-lounge. Just our luck!! Oh well, I'll enjoy the cruise anyway, just no comp. wine.

I understand charging for liquor drinks, but I still think it tacky to include wine/champagne as complimentary, but charge for beer. The least they could do is offer the free soft drinks or the weak froo froo drinks.

I agree! Offer us the soft drinks and froo froo drinks!:D Some D+'s are minors and not all adults drink alcohol.

I agree! Offer us the soft drinks and froo froo drinks!:D Some D+'s are minors and not all adults drink alcohol.

I thought I read on another post the Royal has now included soft drinks or as I used to say "pop". I just wish they included beer!

Archived