which suite on Noordam?

Archie's Mom

We are booking the Aug. 2 10-day Mediterranean cruise on the Noordam. Any opinion on the best deluxe veranda suite? I am looking at the aft wraparound balconies on 4 and 6 and an SA next to the penthouse on 7. This itinerary has great ports and only 1 day at sea so I wonder if we would spend much time on the big balcony. Is there an obvious advantage of one of the SA or SCs over another? Thanks for your opinions.

I have sailed twice in the SA next to the Penthouse, and it's a nice location. The only downside I have found is that on the Oosterdam, in rough seas, there was a loud banging noise which awakened me. At first, I thought it was the deck furniture hitting the side of the stateroom, but it wasn't. Other than that, it's a quiet, very nice location not too far from the Neptune Lounge. On another cruise, I booked an SA fairly far back from the elevators, and the ventilation system transmitted the odor of frying food into the suite, so that at 4AM, I could smell bacon in the stateroom. Strange and not too pleasant. It perisisted througout the cruise, and I did not enjoy it. The closer you book to mid ship, the smoother the ride in rough seas if that is a consideration. Enjoy...These are lovely, large staterooms.

Archived