Just Because...Shelley

In 2007, we used Shelley from Just Because to send some beer and wine to our room as a "gift basket". Has anyone used her lately? If not, have you used anyone else for this kinda service? Is RCCL still allowing this type of gift baskets to be delivered from out side vendors??

Thanks.

Beth

In 2007, we used Shelley from Just Because to send some beer and wine to our room as a "gift basket". Has anyone used her lately? If not, have you used anyone else for this kinda service? Is RCCL still allowing this type of gift baskets to be delivered from out side vendors??

Thanks.

Beth

No alcohol can be delivered to your stateroom by outside companies.

No alcohol can be delivered to your stateroom by outside companies.

Is this a new rule?? Like I said we had this service in 2007 on RCCL, the Brilliance out of Miami. I hadn't seen anything in a while on the posts about Just Because, and last time I got the info off CC.

Thanks for the response

RC stopped allowing gift baskets with alcohol in them a while ago. No alcohol can be brought aboard a ship. They check luggage somehow and when found or suspected of having alcohol in luggage you are called down to retrieve luggage minus alcohol and you get a receipt to pick up luggage at end of cruise.

Is this a new rule?? Like I said we had this service in 2007 on RCCL, the Brilliance out of Miami. I hadn't seen anything in a while on the posts about Just Because, and last time I got the info off CC.

Thanks for the response

I don't even think Just Because is in business anymore. There were many posts a year and half ago or so about people who paid money to them, never got their items, and were not able to contact them or get their money back. I think once the cruise lines prohibitted them from delivering alcohol they went bankrupt.

That is sad to hear. We used their service before and it was very nice and she was fun to deal with. I wish it was still allowed. It was so nice to have a basket waiting for us in our room. Some friends really appreciated things that we sent them too. The ship got a fee. They are taking away all our fun.

Archived