Tipping

UK Cruiser2

I have always been under the impression that there was a tip included in the price of the drinks on board FO ships. I thought that it was 17.5%.

On my first cruise with them in 2001 I was expecting the tip to be on top of the drink prices but found that it was included and still worked out cheaper that the drinks back in Britain.

There again I may have imagined it all.

Roll on December for my next cruise.

Rickpo.

Fred Olsen are very good if you like a drink:

Prices are reasonable to start with.

Often have discounts on a particular cocktail.

Do not have 15% added.

Do not have room on the bill to add a tip.

Get charged in sterling rather than dollars (so avoiding conversion costs)

Best wishes, Stephen.

That all sounds right up my street Stephen.Thanks for that.

Never a moan about the drink prices, often if not always cheaper than in the UK pubs, and often discounts as well.

You know exactly where you stand when you get the bill and sign it, just as long as you don't do too many bills in one evening - but you are on holiday:D

Do Fred Olsen add 15% tip to drinks bill.I have cruised on some lines that do.If not,have you ever tipped the bar staff?

Fred. Olsen suggested tips are £2 per person / day for cabin stewardess and £2 for waiter.

John

Thanks,we have recently cruised with Royal Caribbean,the cruise was great but the drink prices & tips :eek:

That is something that does worry me about going on one of the big cruise lines. The drinks prices on the Balmorral were incredible. I expected them to be much higher than UK pubs but at £2.60 a pint for Stella I was very impressed. Spirits were good as well.

Fred Olson isn't really my kind of cruise line but you have to hand it to them that they know how to do pricing / tipping the right way. Totally non-hassle and just lets you get on with enjoying your holiday.

Archived