Beach excursions in Cabo

luvronijean

Yes, you do have to climb back on from the water. This can be very difficult especially when the boat is bobbing up and down. There will be locals in the water to help you but they will be expecting a tip. You may want to take a regular taxi back- they are $10 total for up to 4 people.

Medano Beach is good for everything but snorkeling. The snorkeling area's Chillano and Santa Maria are just good for snorkeling, not for everything else you mentioned. Sorry that there is no perfect beach in Cabo that has everything. You will just have to prioritize. A snorkeling excursion will eat up at least 3 hours so what you are able to do will depend greatly on how much time you have in port. A cab ride to the snorkeling areas (to try and save time) would not be cheap. My guess is at least $20 each way.

What about snorkeling? The perfect beach for us would include snorkeling, water activities, bars, food etc, and maybe some shopping Oh and its fairly cheap for chairs, umbrellas, and to get there. Anything fit the bill???

Medano beach is the only beach with any facilities at all. All of the beach bars let you use their chairs and umbrellas for free, you just have to be buying food and drinks. Like Darrell said above Medano will have everything you are looking for except for snorkling :)

One thing I did forget to mention. While there is no snorkeling at Medano Beach, there are kayaks available to rent and you could paddle over to Pelican Rock and snorkel there. I believe there are even kayak and snorkel tours that leave from Medano Beach and go over to the Pelican Rock area. Probably the main concern would be climbing back into the kayak once you are in the water. Obviously some people must be able to do it though.

Medano beach is the only beach with any facilities at all. All of the beach bars let you use their chairs and umbrellas for free, you just have to be buying food and drinks.

We are not big drinkers and are usually NOT hungry for lunch since we always eat a big breakfast. How much do the beach bars expect you to spend to use their chairs/umbrellas? Is Medano beach a free public area that we could just swim and sit on our own towels?

Thanks again!

As long as you buy a few drinks you should be ok, they don't have to be alcohol. I would skip breakfast on the ship and have some fresh seafood or great tacos instead. All of the beaches in Mexico are public so yes, you could just sit on your towells in the sand but there would be no shade.

Househunter..

Great info. Would it be possible to take the Water Taxi for the Lands End Tour, then get dropped back off somewhere were you don't have to jump out of the boat?

I'd like to do Medano as well.. so, I'm thinking I could take the water taxi tour, come back to the tender/marina and grab a taxicab to Medano.

Househunter..

Great info. Would it be possible to take the Water Taxi for the Lands End Tour, then get dropped back off somewhere were you don't have to jump out of the boat?

I'd like to do Medano as well.. so, I'm thinking I could take the water taxi tour, come back to the tender/marina and grab a taxicab to Medano.

That would be your best bet as the marina is the only place where there are docks for the water taxis.

Archived