Christmas on the Fantasy out of Mobile.

sherri37385

I sailed the Victory at Christmas, and imagine it's similar on most ships - although if Christmas eve is your departure day, it may be slightly different. Here's what we had:

Lovely decorations all over.

Special "formal" dinner with a traditional turkey, stuffing etc. offered. There was a special yule log type of dessert too, and the menus were printed on Christmas paper with a message from the captain.

There was a Christmas eve show. It was all the performers wearing Christmas (think White Christmas movie) outfits with special songs and dance numbers. The CD read a story at an armchair by a "hearth" and Santa Claus came on stage (We don't have kids, so I don't remember what exactly happened, I think the kids were on stage and got a candy cane). Then many staff members came down the aisles with real lit candles and sang silent night. It was very moving and lovely. The kids had been working in camp Carnival on their presentations, so each age group performed a song and dance. Although on embarkation day, they obviously wouldn't have had the chance to practice...

Some things that could make it special - take a little tree or other decorations for your cabin. Go out on deck or on your balcony to watch for Santa (did I mention I don't have kids? I still watched for him).

I loved sailing over Christmas. It wasn't over the top, but the way it was recognized was quite lovely. One complaint I had was that I didn't really hear any Christmas music on the ship. Although when I went in March, they played the Nutcracker Suite in the atrium, then the next day - the carol of the bells! hahaha

• 1 month later...

Hi there! Thank you for your info on the holiday cruising aboard Carnival. I'd been asking what to expect while on the victory over Christmas, but haven't received anything back. We're empty nesters and have nothing to keep us at home for the holidays, although we love the season's festivities and hope to hear music, etc. I wondered if they put on extra special buffets, etc.

83 sleeps to go!!:D

~Deb

We have sailed during the Christmas season several times, once on the Holiday out of Mobile on Christmas day. Complimentary champagne was served in all public areas on Christmas day, a special menu at dinner, lots of Christmas decor everywhere.

I was on the Fascination out of Jacksonville last year for Christmas. We had everything that megnolia listed above including complementary champagne at sail away. They did play Christmas music all over the ship for the entire cruise. I think this practice depends upon where you are sailing from. The also have daily menorah lighting, etc. It was a nice cruise. Expect a TON of kids and an overall surreal feeling.

Archived