Hotel dilemma

jpres

We will be arriving quite late in Papeete for two nights. Can someone recommend a hotel for one night? I thought the second night we would stay in a OWB probably at the Intercontinental. Is this considered the best hotel for Papeete? Or is there a better OWB to select?

Any and all help is appreciated.

We will be arriving quite late in Papeete for two nights. Can someone recommend a hotel for one night? I thought the second night we would stay in a OWB probably at the Intercontinental. Is this considered the best hotel for Papeete? Or is there a better OWB to select?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Couple of questions--- do the 2 days you have available before the cruise hit a week end--if so---for $150 you get an automatic upgrade and free weekend night--we use this often at IC Papette and IC Bora Bora which is our favorite--unfortunately the airfare to Bora Bora is really hard to take--

If you have questions--let me know--if not it's okay--when is your cruise--joining the Ambassador Club is good for is -- not only in FP but Europe or whatever--if nothing elese the automatic/guaranteed upgrade is good--I really PREFER free nights--about 16 months ago we were able to secure 2 free nights and upgrades at both Bora Bora and Papette--then it works well--we each join and get double advantage--if you're arriving at a time other than a week-end unfortunately the addvantages arentthere--I think that you need stay only a Saturday--not sure--we've done this for years--also great in Paris

Nancy:D:D

I love the IC, have stayed there 3 times and will again in January. I also am an Ambassador and have gotten free upgrades and free weekend nights. OWB really not the greatest in Papeete - at the IC the panoramic room or the motu bungalows are just fine.

Larry

Seal

Unfortunately it won't be a Saturday night. We will arrive on a Tuesday, stay two nights there and then two nights in Moorea. Our cruise starts on a Saturday.

I agree with the other poster about the OWB's at IC Papette--I think the Panoramic rooms are great also.

I do like the OWB's at IC Bora Bora--we will be staying there this October again before the 10 day cruise of FP.

Nancy:D:D

I have stayed at the Intercontinental twice, the Radisson once.....

Intercontinental is the place to stay!.

Unless you intend to spend alot of quiet time in your room, I think the QWB is not worth the money. If cost is no object or on a honeymoon then go for it. Yes the idea is way cool, but being around the pool or going into town is a lot of fun. At night you really dont see anything so whether the per diem rate is worth it depends on the individual.

In general, the hotel is beautiful and the out door show is worth the effort.

Enjoy!

PS...the wave runners around Bora Bora...if you have the chance...do it. The experience is wonderful.

I have read that the OWB's in Papeete are not totally in the water. Also that this resort is becoming worn. Is this the case?

I would like to stay in an OWB at least one night because it is something that I have always wanted to do. In Moorea is the Hilton better than IC?

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed in a Panoramic view room at the IC Papeete, and had breathtaking views of Moorea from the verandah. The man-made sand beach was across the path from our room, and was a great place to swim. It was actually a fresh-water sand pool with a barrier between it and the ocean. We would definitely stay there again.

DavidnSteph

Archived