The Beach at Villefranche??

jojo67

Hi,

Our first port of call will be Villefranche and as we are looking to start the holiday off on a relaxing note, I had planned to walk to the beach in Villefranche & spend most of the day there, followed by a walk around the town prior to departure.

Can anyone tell me how long a walk from the port the beach is please and also is it a 'pay' beach?

Many thanks in advance.

There is a free public beach within view of the dock where you'll be tendered to, and about a 5-10 minute walk away.

On this map, it's in the upper right corner, and if you select "Satellite", scroll over to the beach area and zoom in, it will give you a good view of it: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Villefranche+sur+Mer:+Port+de+la+Sant%C3%A9&daddr=&hl=en&geocode=FTrbmgIdCpVvACGNAOV5JhARUw&mra=ls&sll=43.703055,7.31117&sspn=0.002389,0.003299&ie=UTF8&z=16

This is an interactive map of Villefranche-Sur-Mer which might also be of help:

http://www.villefranche-sur-mer.fr/pages/plan/planville.html

What a wonderful port to start your cruise! Villefrance is picture perfect. When we were there we went to Nice by train first. If I ever get back I would follow your plan and stay in Villefrance. The town is perched overlooking the harbor. Easy to walk its many winding side streets. Great little bars/restaurants, shops and market stalls. I can still smell the lavender, herbs that you can buy in bulk from the many stalls beyond the small port terminal as you get off your tender. Have a wonderful time planning your time in all the ports you will be visiting. :)

Archived