Infant / babies age limit exceptions?

SHAZNY

Hello

I wondered if anyone knew whether Cunard has ever made exceptions to the 6 month age limit for babies to travel?

Our son will be 4 months old when we are due to travel, it's the QE maiden voyage.

My travel agent told me I need to ring Cunard as I booked direct with them, but the answer they were given was '90% no'. I wonder what the 10% chance is?

Thank you in advance for any help or advice.

Hello

I wondered if anyone knew whether Cunard has ever made exceptions to the 6 month age limit for babies to travel?

Our son will be 4 months old when we are due to travel, it's the QE maiden voyage.

My travel agent told me I need to ring Cunard as I booked direct with them, but the answer they were given was '90% no'. I wonder what the 10% chance is?

Thank you in advance for any help or advice.

I think the answer will most DEFINITELY be 'no'. There are no facilities for babies that young. Children one year or over are catered for in the Kids Club with qualified nannies, but you will have to take the baby with you EVERYWHERE including to FORMAL dinner as Cunard Kids Club will not look after a baby that young. Therefore, they will not be happy about you taking a four month old crying baby on board who will, inevitably, at some juncture, scream and spoil other passengers' enjoyment. Excuse my asking the obvious question, but did you not realise this might happen when you booked the Maiden voyage with Cunard or at some time soon after when you realised you might have a baby with you?

And as it is indeed the QE Maiden, and the formality and razzamataz that goes with it, I am even more positive that Cunard will NOT waive the rule for you. T

Believe me Cunard is no place for a four month old baby. Go on another cruise line - you will enjoy it far more, and so will the passengers on Cunard!!

From memory (a similar question came up a couple of years ago) I think it may be more to do with medical facilities onboard, in that very young babies can get desperately ill extremely rapidly, often without much warning.

Looking at the itinerary, there are three sea days in a row on the way back, between Madeira and Southampton and for much of this time we will be a fair way from land should the baby have a problem.

I hope something can be resolved for you.

Mary

Believe me Cunard is no place for a four month old baby. Go on another cruise line - you will enjoy it far more, and so will the passengers on Cunard!!

Hmm.

I'm one of the passengers on the maiden, and you are not speaking for me.

Mary

Cunard will only take babies from 6 months old and even then only on some cruises, as the previous person has said it is to with the medical facilities on board. I don't know of any cruise line that will allow a baby that young to travel as they will not have had all their immunisations.

If you booked your cruise prior to falling pregnant you should be able to get a refund from Cunard. Dont let anyone put you off cruising with babies/children on Cunard as the nursery facilities are fabulous and all the staff that work in the Play Zone have at least NVQ3 child care most are fully qualified Nursery Nurses who are more than happy to look after little ones (including bottle feeding and nappy changing something that other cruise lines dont do) whilst you have some time to yourself.

Hmm.

I'm one of the passengers on the maiden, and you are not speaking for me.

Mary

Perhaps not, but then neither are you speaking for me, and many similar, who like the refined elegance of a Cunard cruise without it being spoilt by the ear-shattering screams of children and babies creating mayhem, and their parents who think a vacation means they can leave them unsupervised whilst the adults have their own holiday.

Of course there are some parents who are NOT like that, but sadly from our experience of cruising, a lot are, and it spoils the holiday for the rest of us.

An infant of four months is not properly immunized to travel and should not be exposed to crowds of folks. Infants can turn seriously ill and decline very rapidly without emergency medical care by skilled Pediatricians. The medical facilities on board ships are not geared to infant care. Babies are precious gifts, cruises will come again:)enjoy your baby!:)

B.

Also, you would need to be booked in a cabin that is rated for three people. they won't just bring in a crib because you multiplied, and the voyage has been sold out since....was it 26 min. after they posted? EM

Thank you for your replies (and opinions).

This wasn't something we were considering lightly and it has been useful having a few things pointed out.

I'll phone Cunard and try to arrange a refund/transfer of deposit, at least someone else on the waitlist will now get to travel.

We have cruised with Cunard many times and will continue to do so when our son is a bit older.

Kind regards

Sharon

Thank you for your replies (and opinions).

This wasn't something we were considering lightly and it has been useful having a few things pointed out.

I'll phone Cunard and try to arrange a refund/transfer of deposit, at least someone else on the waitlist will now get to travel.

We have cruised with Cunard many times and will continue to do so when our son is a bit older.

Kind regards

Sharon

Sharon, I hope Cunard works out the refund/transfer to your statisfaction.

I look forward to seeing you and your family on board in the future.

Best wishes and congratulations on your new arrival!:)

Regards,

Salacia

Archived