Arnold Arboretum

AAAAmerican

http://arboretum.harvard.edu/visit/directions/

The directions say to take the Orange Line to Forest Hills and walk. So from Black Falcon you would take the SL2 Silver Line bus to South Station, transfer to the Red Line direction Alewife for 1 stop to Downtown Crossing, and transfer to the Orange Line direction Forest Hills and go to the end of the line. This is scheduled at about 45 minutes, but it could take a little bit more. Then you have to walk a bit to the Arboretum.

The "T" cost would be $2/pp each way.

138east,

Thank-you very much.

Just bought our next, ALL ABOARD, Charlie Cards!

You so very kind/polite then help so many CCers here and people, always/ all ways.

Are you with your family going to Lillac Day there coming?

The one day of the year all are allowed to Picnic at the Arnold.

Have you gone also to the nearly adjacent zoo?

:cool:

http://arboretum.harvard.edu/visit/directions/

The directions say to take the Orange Line to Forest Hills and walk. So from Black Falcon you would take the SL2 Silver Line bus to South Station, transfer to the Red Line direction Alewife for 1 stop to Downtown Crossing, and transfer to the Orange Line direction Forest Hills and go to the end of the line. This is scheduled at about 45 minutes, but it could take a little bit more. Then you have to walk a bit to the Arboretum.

The "T" cost would be $2/pp each way.

The Arboretum is located close to a not so safe part of town. So is the zoo.

It's OK to drive there, but I wouldn't go by public transportation in an unfamiliar area and then walk.

• 4 months later...

Hello! Someone recommended the Arnold Arboretum to us and after reading this thread I wondered if it would be better to take a cab to the arboretum rather than attempting public transportation, since we're not at all familiar with the city.

We're heading to New England soon and hope to see some lovely fall color! It sounds like the Arboretum would be a really nice place to visit.

Thanks!

TravelinTexans

• 3 weeks later...
The Arboretum is located close to a not so safe part of town. So is the zoo.

It's OK to drive there, but I wouldn't go by public transportation in an unfamiliar area and then walk.

Although I agree with your statement about the zoo (Franklin Park), I disagree that the Arboretum is located close to a not so safe part of town. I lived on a street next to the Arboretum for the first thirty years of my life and that area of Jamaica Plain is very safe.

Archived