Planning and scheming

KimoKat

Hey cruisenuts,

I've never been to FP, but am now considering a cruise on the PG in March of 2012.

I never use travel agents, but use the internets. ;)

Are there other deals to be had via travel agents? I'd like to book the cruise departing Papeete on March 3rd and also add a few additional nights up front on Moorea at the hotel of my choosing AND not what the PG web reservation system allows (only picks hotels on Tahiti). So, the cruise includes airfare and doesn't let me choose which dates to fly in/out to customize my arrival so to speak.

Just wondering if I should call their reservation system or go through a travel agent instead...pluses/minuses of reserving via TA vs. calling PG direct?

thanks, kk

We used a travel agent and she was able to book our five nights precruisr at the Hilton Moorea while using the Paul Gauguin air to get to/from LAX. We used frequent flier miles to get from NY to LA.

I told my travel agent that I had seen an on line agent offering a $200 on board credit and she matched it. This is in addition to any cruise line on board credit.

We used a travel agent and she was able to book our five nights precruisr at the Hilton Moorea while using the Paul Gauguin air to get to/from LAX. We used frequent flier miles to get from NY to LA.

I told my travel agent that I had seen an on line agent offering a $200 on board credit and she matched it. This is in addition to any cruise line on board credit.

I'm looking at the Hilton Moorea, too. Thanks for the tip. Maybe I need to walk into a travel agent's office after all...

We have been to FP on the Paul Gauguin twice, and are booked for our anniversary next year

The stories and pictures are on our website www.stevekathytravels.com

I already stalked your site last night. :) What a lucky couple to travel so much! I'm jealous. :p My 401K just got ripped a new one so my dreams of international traveling lifestyle in my retirement just became much further distant...

Archived