Boston tour after cruise (with bags)

BIG_Steve

Right now, CCL isn't showing any disembarkation day tours. The kind where they take you and your bags to the airport after the tour. I'm trying to find some type of Boston tour (few hours) that somehow works with our bags, and will take us to the airport later. I'm up for most any type of tour, even Grayline or what have you. This would be on a Thursday, last week of June.

Any input is appreciated.

If you can't find exactly the tour you describe, here are some suggestions. You could leave your bags at the luggage check place at South Station (a stop on the red and silver lines of the T, Boston's transportation system) and either walk around yourselves, since Boston is a very compact city, or maybe use one of the hop-on/hop-off buses to get an overview of the sights. The water taxi stop in the city also holds luggage until you are ready to take the water taxi to the airport. Or check the bags in early at the airport if you can and go back into the city from there. The city sights are just a short taxi ride or T ride (silver or blue T lines) from the airport.

Right now, CCL isn't showing any disembarkation day tours. The kind where they take you and your bags to the airport after the tour. I'm trying to find some type of Boston tour (few hours) that somehow works with our bags, and will take us to the airport later. I'm up for most any type of tour, even Grayline or what have you. This would be on a Thursday, last week of June.

Any input is appreciated.

Hi Steve

Menininha82's suggestion seems ideal. Getting to Logan on the T is very easy and in your 'few hours' you could see a lot.

I went to Boston recently and being a good tourist I walked the Freedom Trail. You can do as much of it as time or energy allows. Parts 1 & 2 are all within a square mile of the usual start point, Boston Common.

Part 1 Boston Common to King's Chapel

The Freedom Trail destinations in this first one are Boston Common, Massachusetts State House, Park Street Church, the Old Granary Burying Ground and King's Chapel.

Part 2 Boston Latin to Paul Revere's house

Boston Latin public school, Benjamin Franklin Statue, Old Corner Bookstore, Old South Meeting House, Old State House, Site of Boston Massacre, Faneuil Hall and Paul Revere's house

Part 3 Old North Church to the Bunker Hill Monument

Old North Church, Copp's Hill Burying Ground, the U.S.S. Constitution and finally the Bunker Hill Monument (on Breed's Hill )

That last part is the one that requires most walking as you go out to Charlestown, a neighbourhood of Boston.

USS Constitution

The 20-minute tour of the great ship is free and takes place every 30 minutes but you need photo ID to get past the security check so take your passport with you.

The whole thing is about 3 miles, and there's plenty of other things to see along the way.

All the best, Tony

Thanks for the tips. Someone mentioned the storage through the water taxi on a different travel board. I also didn't know that Carnival offers a "Luggage express" service where they take your bags on up to the airport for you. I can't seem to find out if they offer it on my cruise. If they do, great. If not, I'll likely go the water taxi route.

Archived