Uxmal vs. Uxmal & Hacienda Ochill

zdcatc12

Looking to go to Uxmal next month and I noticed that Carnival has an Uxmal and Hacienda Ochill that is the same length of time. They are only $6 apart. Does anyone know how much this restricts your time at the ruins? The Hacienda sounds different and I would like to see it, but not at the expense of not having enough time at the ruins.

I just paid off my January cruise today, and was ready to book Uxmal, and it is no longer offered-sold out, so I booked the Uxmal-Hacienda trip instead-then I read the reviews on the Carnival site, all were positive. At least two hours at Uxmal, a 45 minute drive to the Hacienda, and some down time at the Hacienda, which they all said was beautiful. 6.5 hours, Break down of time 1.50 to Uxmal, two hours at Uxmal, a 45 minute drive to Hacinda, Which means that the Hacienda is on the way back to the ship. I am looking forward to it. My DH cant do that much walking anymore, two hours will be enough for him. I'm the one into archeology, so it is my treat to myself, Haceinda an added bonus.

Its nice to have around 2+hrs at Uxmal - you normally get a 1hr tour then 1hr free time to explore. We us AP to go to Uxmal and we are there around 2.5hrs and we skip the guided portion so we can climb and explore. We have been there 4 times and find something new each visit. Bring water, hat and sunscreen as it is hot. Snacks are also come in handy such as jerky, hard candy and pringles. Tour guides love the jerky..Travel time to the ruins averages 1h45mins for planning purposes.

Archived