MAine Coast WIndjammer cruise

katybird

Anyone done this?

I just received a packet of info from the Maine Windjammer Association.

I would be interested in feedback from anyone who has done this type of cruise.

Was it smooth sailing? What boat? How was the food? How many days do you recommend?

Years and years my husband has down Windjammers. Timberwood has been our favorite liking. Yes small boat -bunk beds. Great cooking skills and many help put up the sails.Lobster feast one night. Hubby and me are set up for the last "boat" adventure of the season. Smaller trip - boat Wanderbird.- the cook has been on TV. Hubby tried others- Eagle etc.

Years and years my husband has done Windjammers. Timberwood has been our favorite liking. Yes small boat -bunk beds. Great cooking skills and many help put up the sails.Lobster feast one night. Hubby and me are set up for the last "boat" adventure of the season. Smaller trip - boat Wanderbird.- the cook has been on TV. Hubby tried others- Eagle etc.

Years and years my husband has done Windjammers. Timberwood has been our favorite liking. Yes small boat -bunk beds. Great cooking skills and many help put up the sails.Lobster feast one night. Hubby and me are set up for the last "boat" adventure of the season. Smaller trip - boat Wanderbird.- the cook has been on TV. Hubby tried others- Eagle etc.

Do you mean Timberwind? I have a brochure for that one.

Wanderbird looks great. I googled and found the website. Won't it be cold this time of year? I know just going on those excursion boat tours in the summer it can be chilly.

We rent in Maine every year for a week or so and thought this might be a fun thing to do at the beginning or end of our time there.

Wanderbird has heated rooms and dinning area. People find their spot. The owner Rich is high up and give talks about each Bend in the riverHe knows so many locals. They have two sea dogs. There is games and sea songs at night, Rich loves hiking and birds. Karen the cook has her stove and loves to bake. Before dinner bell the smells are great. Knitters bring work;guitars- sea songs and the Captain tells tales. The Timberwind first thing on board is find your asighned bucks, some rules -breakfast pancakes eggs and oatmeal.

Cookies afternoon. Younger crew the wind tells the captain where they go. Pack light layers jeans and T or Sweat may be enough- of course bug spray,

We will be on the Wanderbird the Salt Dog time- last 3 years we had a guitarist who played pretty good. There was 3 teens who found their corner with a computor. I brought a CD of pictures from Alaska. This year CD will be of Egypt-Greece and Turkey.

Archived