Is there a train to Whittier from Vancouver?

ripleysmom

If you want to fly roundtrip, your are going to need to book a round-trip cruise.

If you want to spend time after your cruise exploring the interior of Alaska, you want the 1-way cruise and should look into using a multi-city function for tickets rather than just two 1-way tickets. Its a very good time to bring out those frequent flyer miles!

Vancouver to Whittier is about 46 hours of actual behind-the-wheel driving time, so figure on at least 5 days, 7 days so you don't arrive burned out, 10 days so you can see something on the way (it's a wonderful trip!). I can't even imagine what a one-way rental would cost, though - if it can even be done cross-border).

Murray

Have you priced the flights as open-jaw flights? Since you want to fly into Anchorage and depart from Vancouver, an open-jaw flight would give the best prices. Not much more than a Vancouver roundtrip. At least that is case for me from Nashville. Paid $473 in Aug, 2003. i'm sure it would be more now though.

Larry

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived