Radiance of the Seas Cabin 1600?

Hubby and I are going on an Alaskan cruise this summer and have already booked a Grand Suite--mid-ship. I noticed that 1600 is still available, and it is a Grand Suite at the aft part of the ship--the rear left corner.

It looks bigger (according to the deck plan) and I am wondering if any of you have used it...Good? Not good? It's on Deck 10.

Thank you for your help!

In actuality, it is about 20Sq.ft. smaller than the other GS. It has a slightly different layout, with a small hallway that is wasted space. Also, the RC website shows GS as 354-384 sq.ft., this is the only one that is 354.

The big plus for this suite is of course it's large aft facing balcony. You can't go wrong either way.

I have pictures - follow the link in my signature to my Brilliance album. She's Radiance's twin sister.

Of the 3 GS (1600, 1556 and 1060) we've been blessed to stay in, I like 1556 the best. Although 1600 does have a killer balcony, I think that the two JS cabins, 1100 and 1602, are better choices, especially when you consider the price difference. Both have larger balconies than 1600 (there are pictures of those cabins in my albums as well - 1100 on Radiance and 1602 on Serenade).

1600's layout is just plain weird - there's a foyer with a chair in it (I guess some people are exhausted after the long trek down the hall, LOL). The closet is tucked into a corner behind the vanity, and it's a bit tight for two people trying to get ready at the same time. Finally, the cabin is a bit dark - it's missing two floor to ceiling windows that the other GS cabins have. So, even though I love the JS cabins on the stern, I think I would pass on 1600 if 1556 were available.

1556 is right on the starboard side hump and has a perfectly adequate balcony with room for a lounger (they have put new fake wicker furniture on the suite balconies that's nice but takes up a LOT of the floor space and isn't easy to move around). The balcony is mostly private, just a little exposure as you step to the rail. The space between the bar and the closet is about a foot less than it is in the other GS cabins (we checked in a friend's cabin).

1060 (portside hump) would be my third choice of the 3 - it has a balcony large enough to host a dance contest on. But I did find the overhang a little oppressive, and we had a cigar smoker below us - the smoke drifted up to our balcony and was trapped there.

As for the other GS cabins, I think I would pick a JS first and save the money. But I get a lot of the suite perks as a Diamond Plus, so that assuages the loss of the gold Seapass.:)

Hubby and I are going on an Alaskan cruise this summer and have already booked a Grand Suite--mid-ship. I noticed that 1600 is still available, and it is a Grand Suite at the aft part of the ship--the rear left corner.

It looks bigger (according to the deck plan) and I am wondering if any of you have used it...Good? Not good? It's on Deck 10.

Thank you for your help!

We had 1600 on sister ship Serenade a couple of years ago. It's great. Go for it. We always try for aft cabins. They are usually very peaceful.

Archived