2.0 upgrade schedule

cruzn buckeye

So for all the hype about this program, not only is not every ship getting at least some features (thinking of the Miracle), but some ships are not getting all the features (like the Splendor not getting Guy's burgers out on the West Coast, of all things. Poor planning, Carnival? :(

So for all the hype about this program, not only is not every ship getting at least some features (thinking of the Miracle), but some ships are not getting all the features (like the Splendor not getting Guy's burgers out on the West Coast, of all things. Poor planning, Carnival? :(

Wasn't Guy actually on the Splendor making burgers for people? The Splendor isn't getting Guy's Burgers? Makes sense to me...not.

I was hoping the Paradise would get some upgrades sooner especially since it's coming to Tampa and hasn't even had the evoluation of fun upgrade. It would make more sense to upgrade the older ships first and then on to the newer I would imagine.

Wow! It's going to take a really long time before these changes go into effect fleetwide. How can some ships not have Guy's Burgers? That's probably the best thing of all the changes. Maybe cause they're not charging for it, what a dissappointment.

I was hoping the Paradise would get some upgrades sooner especially since it's coming to Tampa and hasn't even had the evoluation of fun upgrade. It would make more sense to upgrade the older ships first and then on to the newer I would imagine.

Unless you have little kids - you don't want the EOF! We prefer Fantasy Class without!!

Ok, having recently been on the Liberty (May 2011) I noticed that there is essentially no change here except for the appearance of the places added - really, the blue iguana was already serving Mexican Food daily, and the burritos are just now combined - there used to be a separate Chipotle style burrito bar. The comedy club was already in swing - including signs calling it "Punchliners Comedy Club". The bars on deck are new, but the drinks are not other than the Carnival exclusive brews. Alchemy bar is just Paparazzi redone, which I think is sad, since I thought the neat part of the ship was being able to sort of "date" the ship by the celeb photos they chose (Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt, I think Brittany Spears was even up there :P) ... I don't see much of a perk to this upgrade other than hype and inflated prices for a ship that was really inexpensive to cruise on and very nice up until they announced the renovation. I think they are making an ok business move here - they can charge more for perks that really don't cost anything extra after the initial investment, and created some buzz about older ships cruising less exciting itineraries ...

Wasn't Guy actually on the Splendor making burgers for people? The Splendor isn't getting Guy's Burgers? Makes sense to me...not.

Spirit is to be permanently repositioned in Australia. Will be up dated for Aussie tastes. Wonder if Splendor is going some place not advertised yet.

Archived