Taxi Tour Questions

Rambler5678

Family of four planning private taxi tour of the island. What attractions and/or activities do you recommend? Kids are 11 and 4. Also where is a great place for lunch?

I would start by looking at the Tours Plaza website which has some great suggestions of places to visit on Cozumel and even has suggestions of what you might reasonable achieve in 3, 4, 5 hours tours.

You may want to visit the chocolate factory and then head out to east side stopping at some of the bars and photo ops, (el Mirador and blowholes). I would recommend checking out Punta Morena (small pool to cool off), Punta Sur (lighthouse and crocodiles), possibly Chen Rio and Rastas (if you are a Bob Marley fan). Coconuts is good for the view but crowded and not somewhere I would stop for long with kids. Depending on how long you want to tour you could always do a 3 hour tour and then get dropped off at one of the southern beach clubs for some beach time and get a taxi back when you have finished, or have your private driver wait for you.

On a previous visit to Coz I booked a private driver through Safe Tours Cozumel (http://www.safetourscozumel.com)

The 3hr tour is about $59pp for 2 ppl with discounts for more ppl (3-6 $49pp)

They also do a 5hr private tour.

The cost includes use of snorkel equipment, a cooler of beer/water/soda in the vehicle, a tequila tour, & lunch at a hacienda.

They have a suggested itinerary, or will be happy to go wherever you request!

I was VERY pleased with the service. So much so that I've booked with them again for my March cruise!:D

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from our cruise and used a private taxi driver by the name of Santiago Zapata Carne who has been mentioned here before on cruise critic. We were 4 adults and he drove us around the island and we mostly did bar hopping and ended up at the Money Bar for the sunset and dinner which was amazing. I don't know for kids but he said that Punta Sur is a great place but we didn't have time to visit there. He was really fantastic and if ever back in Coz will look him up to help us out. His email address is: santizapa69@outlook.es.

• 1 month later...