Anyone sailing in the new Deck 12 Freedom cabins next week?

Woodmnky

They are open. CC Member Blaise is cruising this week in 1864. Pictures were posted here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2165568&highlight=1864

I am cruising in one of the Family Oceanview Rooms in April. I am hoping that someone pops in with pictures before I sail, but if not I will take some and share when I return.

Just left cabin 1814 this morning. This is a HC accessible room on deck twelve, starboard side. We were the very first pax in this room. Magnificent views but the closet space and cabinet space a bit sparse. Will try to post our pictures.

1046684562_Freedom(19).jpg.5518b159078e7ac4641ca23076e67877.jpg

1047769745_Freedom(1).jpg.db085a7becab0687b5a84e8d6e359052.jpg

P1010001.jpg.e8923a08bef95cb5ca9b30151779baa6.jpg

849413289_Freedom(3).jpg.a7ed906619585ce23f5bb7ab036abc16.jpg

Edited by Tagsalong

They are open. CC Member Blaise is cruising this week in 1864. Pictures were posted here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2165568&highlight=1864

I am cruising in one of the Family Oceanview Rooms in April. I am hoping that someone pops in with pictures before I sail, but if not I will take some and share when I return.

We are in a Family Oceanview on 3/15. I'll have some pics for you.

Just left cabin 1814 this morning. This is a HC accessible room on deck twelve, starboard side. We were the very first pax in this room. Magnificent views but the closet space and cabinet space a bit sparse. Will try to post our pictures.

THANKS!! Very nice room. Lee

• 1 month later...

Was it calm up that high? I'm going to be in 1836 in a few weeks. Have never been that far forward or that high. Any problems with motion sickness? Thanks!

Was it calm up that high? I'm going to be in 1836 in a few weeks. Have never been that far forward or that high. Any problems with motion sickness? Thanks!

The higher away from the sea the more you will feel the ship, as we as being away from the center axis line of the ship. With that said, with calm seas you should be fine. Enjoy your cruise. B

• 3 months later...

We have also been wondering about those cabins. Can anyone tell me if crowd or elevator noise is ever much of a problem in that area?

My 'dh' has an inner ear problem and is a little susceptible to vertigo and queasiness. At least twice when we were high up and berthed forward or aft he would have a night or two of restlessness whenever the seas were not playing nice.

But now he always preps by taking ginger for at least a week before every cruise....no dramamine because that seems to actually make it worse for him.....but ginger in any form including ginger ale with real ginger in it (Canada Dry is probably the best) may really help. He also swears that stimulants such as caffeine can also help to keep him 'above board' on a cruise :)

Edited by cruziJenn

We have also been wondering about those cabins. Can anyone tell me if crowd or elevator noise is ever much of a problem in that area?

My 'dh' has an inner ear problem and is a little susceptible to vertigo and queasiness. At least twice when we were high up and berthed forward or aft he would have a night or two of restlessness whenever the seas were not playing nice.

But now he always preps by taking ginger for at least a week before every cruise....no dramamine because that seems to actually make it worse for him.....but ginger in any form including ginger ale with real ginger in it (Canada Dry is probably the best) may really help. He also swears that stimulants such as caffeine can also help to keep him 'above board' on a cruise :)

No noise. The elevators are down near the Spa area and outside of a door separating the cabin area from the spa area.

I did notice a bit more motion than we previously have experienced in lower more central cabins, but that did not bother anyone in our party.

We loved the location so much that we booked 1864 for an upcoming cruise.