Periscoping LIVE From Allure - May 15, 2016!

Hi Andrew,

I am on that first sailing on Allure in two weeks as well. We already had a couple of people pop on to our roll call to ask someone to post the compasses when we return. The funny thing is, based on the show schedules in our cruise planner, I have your Western itinerary compasses from March saved to my phone and I am using those as a best guess guide for our cruise. :D

Brad

Ironic isn't it.:D

It would be great if "Periscoping LIVE from..." would become a standard heading for periscopers. :)

I agree! Makes them easier to find, just like the regular LIVE from... posts on CC.

Well, I'm home now! We were luggage number 47 and we didn't get called off of the ship until around 10AM. After that, thanks to folks providing wheelchair assistance, we were off the ship and on the curb by 10:20AM. Short drive home and I was back and unpacking by 11! Can't beat the convenience of living next to two major cruise ports.

I did have a baby freak out when I checked my final bill and saw that the photo gallery charged me twice for my USB. I always end up having problems with them, I don't know what's going on with that dept.

I paid through the kiosk last night, was told to come back to pick up at 9PM. Came back to the desk at 10:45PM, and they said they couldn't find my USB and that I would have to come back so they could make a new one.

Got back to my room and there was a phone message saying they had my USB, but that I was never charged since I closed my account. I closed my account AFTER I paid through the kiosk, which I told them, but they said it wasn't there, and it wasn't on my paper bill, so I let them charge me again. Then, I saw the two charges this morning. No thank you! 10 minutes in the guest services line and they fixed it. I'll keep an eye on my statement to make sure I get the refund this week.

Anyway, I still have some things to post before I'm done with this thread, but I wanted to thank y'all again for following along, commenting, hearting, and being generally awesome. This was really fun and I would definitely do it again. In the mean time I will be keeping up with everyone else's scopes!

Now I'm looking up short cruises to cut the time between now and my Harmony cruise, and it says they're all sold out! What?!

What ship are you sailing on in Sept? Allure? I'll be on the 25th sept Allure!

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Yeah, the Presidents Cruise on the 18th (although that wasn't planned, had it booked before they switched that to the 18th). We can wave at each other on the switch. lol

First off, I have to say that watching both of you on Periscope was awesome. Really loved your final wrap show together.

Celisse, I have one quick question. You mentioned posting a periscope that you forgot to #save to youtube. I assume that means that you had the Auto-Save to Camera Roll setting turned on. Does that just save the plain video or does it also save all of the comments?

First off, I have to say that watching both of you on Periscope was awesome. Really loved your final wrap show together.

Celisse, I have one quick question. You mentioned posting a periscope that you forgot to #save to youtube. I assume that means that you had the Auto-Save to Camera Roll setting turned on. Does that just save the plain video or does it also save all of the comments?

The auto-save to Camera Roll just saves the video, in the terrible quality that it broadcasts in. It's pretty useless, there are no comments.

What I'm doing is using Quicktime on my Mac to screen record my iPhone. Then I just play the video directly from the Periscope app, and it shows all the comments and everything. Still kinda crappy quality video, but better with the comments. I'm going to upload those photos to YouTube, so that viewers can see everything.

I did 16 broadcasts, and I have recorded 4 of them so far, so I'm on my way!

The auto-save to Camera Roll just saves the video, in the terrible quality that it broadcasts in. It's pretty useless, there are no comments.

What I'm doing is using Quicktime on my Mac to screen record my iPhone. Then I just play the video directly from the Periscope app, and it shows all the comments and everything. Still kinda crappy quality video, but better with the comments. I'm going to upload those photos to YouTube, so that viewers can see everything.

I did 16 broadcasts, and I have recorded 4 of them so far, so I'm on my way!

Probably made a mistake explaining in such detail. From earlier I know you're an Apple nerd so after this out I will probably always be asking you how to do things like this all the time. Was going to ask how this worked but a quick search found the instructions and I was recording one of your scopes a minute later (although I failed to change the audio source so I ended up with a bad feedback loop). No way to automatically adjust for orientation changes I guess? I love finding new things like that. I not only learned a lot about Allure, but also Periscope, iPhone and Mac learning thrown in too. Thanks!

Probably made a mistake explaining in such detail. From earlier I know you're an Apple nerd so after this out I will probably always be asking you how to do things like this all the time. Was going to ask how this worked but a quick search found the instructions and I was recording one of your scopes a minute later (although I failed to change the audio source so I ended up with a bad feedback loop). No way to automatically adjust for orientation changes I guess? I love finding new things like that. I not only learned a lot about Allure, but also Periscope, iPhone and Mac learning thrown in too. Thanks!

No problem at all! I just learned to do this a couple of days ago myself. :)

It doesn't adjust for orientation automagically. I have been leaving the orientation alone, because I have a feeling (although have not tried it so I'm not positive) that if I change the orientation, the recording will come out sideways instead of landscape. Don't wanna deal with that mess so I'm just not touching it.

No problem at all! I just learned to do this a couple of days ago myself. :)

It doesn't adjust for orientation automagically. I have been leaving the orientation alone, because I have a feeling (although have not tried it so I'm not positive) that if I change the orientation, the recording will come out sideways instead of landscape. Don't wanna deal with that mess so I'm just not touching it.

Just tried it. The recording stops if you change the orientation.

Sorry for messing up your name hahah

Haha no worries, everyone gets it wrong. Now with the popularity of Game of Thrones, half the time, people call me khaleesi.

My white blonde hair doesn't help sigh

How hard is it to load cruise compasses, just the day to night time only. I am leaving Saturday. I have Andrew's previous ones, I was just wondering about movies & music. You did a wonderful job scoping, I thought about scoping a little, but I think troll patrol would be to difficult, especially since my eye sight is slipping. Thank you so much. I really enjoyed the ones you did together with Kat.

Edited by fun2bwith_me2

How hard is it to load cruise compasses, just the day to night time only. I am leaving Saturday. I have Andrew's previous ones, I was just wondering about movies & music. You did a wonderful job scoping, I thought about scoping a little, but I think troll patrol would be to difficult, especially since my eye sight is slipping. Thank you so much. I really enjoyed the ones you did together with Kat.

Thanks for the kind words. I actually didn't have very much trouble from trolls, I think Kat had a lot more troublesome folks on her scopes. I just had a lot of people from other countries, and they all really loved the disco party, lol. I have no idea what they were saying, but there we lots of happy emojis.

The compasses were giving me some trouble being uploaded to Dropbox, but I finally got it. Here you go:

Allure Western Caribbean Compasses - May 15, 2016

Thanks for the kind words. I actually didn't have very much trouble from trolls, I think Kat had a lot more troublesome folks on her scopes. I just had a lot of people from other countries, and they all really loved the disco party, lol. I have no idea what they were saying, but there we lots of happy emojis.

The compasses were giving me some trouble being uploaded to Dropbox, but I finally got it. Here you go:

Allure Western Caribbean Compasses - May 15, 2016

Thanks for this Celisse, I know it's a huge amount of work. Many people ask about the Compasses.