Here is a Copy of The Bar Set Up List with Prices

shoreguy

I know another Bar setup thread but I thought this thread will make it easier for those looking for the list and using the search feature to find it.

Thanks to FozzyFoz for the 5 MB email :D

We ordered for our Oct 2005 cruise and I still have the list they faxed me (faxed sept '05 so not sure if everything is still available). It lists the drinks by type and the price. I scanned it but cant attach it as the file size is too large (and making it small enough then makes it unreadable).

I added a picture of the list to my webshots that anyone can link to from my signature. Click on the Bar Setup folder, click on image, click on view full sized and the list will magically appear and be readable :) .

Or click this link and view full sized

http://community.webshots.com/photo/552872742/2264197270059187889kExPdr

Shoreguy I have a question about the bar setup.

We'll be traveling with 3 other couples, and I would like to have a couple bottles of liquor in our cabin so we can entertain. Are you only allowed to purchase 1 bottle, or could I get say a bottle of tequila, one of vodka and one of gin? (I'll be selling my firstborn child to finance that, but hey, it's a vacation!) lol

Thanks in advance for the info.

Shoreguy I have a question about the bar setup.

We'll be traveling with 3 other couples, and I would like to have a couple bottles of liquor in our cabin so we can entertain. Are you only allowed to purchase 1 bottle, or could I get say a bottle of tequila, one of vodka and one of gin? (I'll be selling my firstborn child to finance that, but hey, it's a vacation!) lol

Thanks in advance for the info.

You can buy 3 and it is a bargin - only one $3 setup fee :)

No need to take the risk to take own vodka on board with these, by swedish messure, quite low prices.

Is it 100cl bottles or 70/75cl?

edit: oh, another question, is there tonic water available on the Dawn, so i can mix own gin&tonics?

Thank you. :)

Soda Sticker call main reservation number - follow the prompts existing reservation. order amenities. 1.800.327.7030

Bar setup is handled by a single individual for your ship in passenger courtesy. the number for that is 1-866-625-1159

Soda Sticker call main reservation number - follow the prompts existing reservation. order amenities. 1.800.327.7030

Bar setup is handled by a single individual for your ship in passenger courtesy. the number for that is 1-866-625-1159

Thanks for your help.:)

I never ordered beer - with helmets back (buy 5 get 1 free) onboard why would I.

I am sure they would provide any reasonable amount.

The last time we were on the Dawn, in April, they had the beer helmets but no buy 5 get 1 free deal. Poor me, I had to go to the bar, get my beer and carry it all the way to my cabin. It would have been much easier if I could have gotten the beer directly in the cabin.

The last time we were on the Dawn, in April, they had the beer helmets but no buy 5 get 1 free deal. Poor me, I had to go to the bar, get my beer and carry it all the way to my cabin. It would have been much easier if I could have gotten the beer directly in the cabin.

Recent reports have the return of the discount helmet. :) Let's hope it is just not for the summer

Help please Shore Guy,

Do you have an e-mail address for barsetup as I am from Spain and the rest of the party UK it would be easier than phoning? Also will they send a current price list?. Thanks in advance for your help.

Fern:)

Help please Shore Guy,

Do you have an e-mail address for barsetup as I am from Spain and the rest of the party UK it would be easier than phoning? Also will they send a current price list?. Thanks in advance for your help.

Fern:)

You can try passengercourtesyJewel@ncl.com Just change Jewel to your ship name.

Always difficult for those in Europe. I have another email address for a NCL representive in the UK that has helped those there. No even sure if she is still in the job.

Bar service NCL UK contact I suggest you try e-mailing Andrea on anoel@ncl.com .

Is bar setup really worth the money?

They are charing $55 + $3 = $58 for a JW Black

Have a bar setup:

These are 750ml bottle which is about 25oz. Assuming you take 2 oz shots, or cocktails, you can make about 12 drinks. Cost: $58 + Mixers you brought.

Get it at a bar:

Since bar drinks cost about 5 bucks, if you get 12 drinks it will cost about $60 bucks. And you don't have to worry about bringing mixers.

So I don't think it's worth it to save (or lose) couple bucks to have a bar. Also, the ambiance is better at the bar than the staterooms! (priceless)

Is bar setup really worth the money?

They are charing $55 + $3 = $58 for a JW Black

Have a bar setup:

These are 750ml bottle which is about 25oz. Assuming you take 2 oz shots, or cocktails, you can make about 12 drinks. Cost: $58 + Mixers you brought.

Get it at a bar:

Since bar drinks cost about 5 bucks, if you get 12 drinks it will cost about $60 bucks. And you don't have to worry about bringing mixers.

So I don't think it's worth it to save (or lose) couple bucks to have a bar. Also, the ambiance is better at the bar than the staterooms! (priceless)

Get the facts correct before you do your math.

Bar Stup 1 liter - 34 oz. - or 30 drinks - yes they use a shot glass.

Jack Daniels 5.75 plus 15% onboard = 6.60 per drink

Payback 58/6.60 = 9 drinks and you still have at least 20 more in your bottle

By the drink the bottle would cost around $198 far more then a couple bucks:eek:

Ok, just to clarify things, you can bring Wine and champagne and pay a corkage fee. You can order a bar set up, but you need to bring your own mixers. If you go to the bar and get 6 beers you will be charged 15% tip. But you are allowed to bring these to your cabin. Are you allowed to walk the decks with a drink you made in your cabin with the bar set up that you ordered? Sorry if this sounds crazy, but first cruise and want to make it very special.

If you can't talk to the ship's coordinator, be warned that you might get some strange info. When I called yesterday the person was very nice, but told me the only thing I could order was peach brandy! :eek: I told her I had a long list of other items, but she said she would need the item numbers. I thanked her and said I would call back on Monday.

A drink in your stateroom before dinner - priceless.

Shoreguy - Thanks for doing the math!!! We will definitely do a bar setup as it definitely seems worth it, I received an email from the ship coordinator saying bottles are either $40 or $55, all I need to do is email her back, yahoo!

Leah

Get the facts correct before you do your math.

Bar Stup 1 liter - 34 oz. - or 30 drinks - yes they use a shot glass.

Jack Daniels 5.75 plus 15% onboard = 6.60 per drink

Payback 58/6.60 = 9 drinks and you still have at least 20 more in your bottle

By the drink the bottle would cost around $198 far more then a couple bucks:eek:

shoreguy, once again, to the rescue.

While on the Jewel earlier this year I made drinks in my cabin and carried them TO the bar! Each day I ordered my first drink from the bar and kept the glass for the self made cocktails later. Everyone wins!!!

Archived