Adventure of the Seas Internet PKG/Speed?

I will keep looking, I have seen a recent price menu for Internet packages. But for now, I have heard first hand that although access is MUCH better throughout the ship on Adventure, but it is still "dial-up " speeds. He was able, most of the time, to post pictures to this site and FB from anywhere on the ship. As I recall unlimited packages were $190ish is for one device $230ish for two devices. I will keep looking for the price menu.

I too would love know the answer. My son is taking a couple of online college courses this summer and are hoping the internet is good enough to take an online quiz or test if needed. I would hope there is no issue with dropping internet in the middle of something as well:eek:

Edited by sailor05

Carol, if possble, please take a photo of the internet rates.<br />

<br />

Have fun on the cruise, we're all jealous![emoji14]

<br />

<br />

Bob, they are EXACTLY what everyone else has reported from upgraded systems:<br />

<br />

$189.95 ($190) for unlimited, one device.<br />

<br />

$229 for unlimited, two devices.<br />

<br />

$60 for one 24 hour period, unlimited use.<br />

<br />

$30 for an hour of use, usable over any period of time.<br />

<br />

You can no longer buy "just minutes". If you are using an hour and it is "up", you are kicked off. No more "just another minute". You would have to buy another hour.<br/>

I was on the Adventure in December and Internet was horrible. Dial-up speed at best. Cancelled after one day for full refund as it would not even let me log on at times.

I was spoiled by the new high speed internet on Allure. Enjoyed that in November - great speeds and could video chat back home. And price was cheaper.

Does 2 devices mean you can log into the unlimited internet package at one time on 2 different devices or does it mean you actually have to use the same 2 devices for the internet package the whole cruise. Between 2 iphones and a laptop we will have 3 devices requiring internet access on AOS in March. Just want to be sure all 3 devices can access the same internet package, just not at the same time, or do we need to purchase packages per device. Thanks!

Does 2 devices mean you can log into the unlimited internet package at one time on 2 different devices or does it mean you actually have to use the same 2 devices for the internet package the whole cruise. Between 2 iphones and a laptop we will have 3 devices requiring internet access on AOS in March. Just want to be sure all 3 devices can access the same internet package, just not at the same time, or do we need to purchase packages per device. Thanks!

Two devices means two simultaneous devices. You can use any number of devices, but only two can be logged in at the same time.

• 1 month later...

On AOS now, sailing between San Juan & Barbados at 7:51 am. So, probably not a ton of people up using the wifi, but I'm in our cabin and I have found the wifi to be better than I expected. Certainly slower than we have become accustomed to but. so far very usable!

82c626573dca406c244b05c101810013.jpg

• 1 month later...
On AOS now, sailing between San Juan & Barbados at 7:51 am. So, probably not a ton of people up using the wifi, but I'm in our cabin and I have found the wifi to be better than I expected. Certainly slower than we have become accustomed to but. so far very usable!

82c626573dca406c244b05c101810013.jpg

Can you tell me how much the interest package cost you?

I was on the Adventure 25 April - 3 May 2015 and we bought the unlimited wifi for the discounted price of $150.05 instead of $220 (using Diamond+ discount of $69.95 which I think is the cost of a 2 day wifi package).

Sign up was less than 2 minutes straight from the browser, less than a minute for the 2nd device.

This was the package that allowed as many devices connected using the 1 account but only 2 at the same time.

We connected our iPhones and found the speed to be somewhat surprisingly good. It actually really enhanced our cruise experience.

1. We could message each other on What'sApp as to where we were when we were not at the same place - this used to frustrate me looking for my friend

2. Message home for "free", I never tried Skype

3. Look up lyrics to sing along to the Piano Man in the Schooner Bar

4. Post on FB including photos fairly quickly

We had an aft cabin and had a full signal there and everywhere over the ship. In fact some days when approaching the ship from a port our phones would buzz massages as we were picking up signals from the shore :-)

What was also great about it was that once you logged on once you never needed to log in again (unless you were using more than 2 devices)

Never got a "please log back in" message.

In short - no regrets at purchasing the internet package and will do so when I cruise again

I was on Adventure in December. I thought the connectivity was decent, but the speed is just painful. Just forget anything interactive, and relay on serial communication. The price is also pretty steep, for what you get. You might be better off just getting wifi in ports.

I was on Adventure in December. I thought the connectivity was decent, but the speed is just painful. Just forget anything interactive, and relay on serial communication. The price is also pretty steep, for what you get. You might be better off just getting wifi in ports.

Same way I felt back in January and February. However, having the unlimited plan helped mitigate the frustration with the slow speed. I could turn on the laptop and start to sync email, go take a shower, and it would be finished by the time I was done.

That's sad. Not the fact that you shower, but, that it takes so long to sync mail. ;-)

I was on Adventure April 5-12, and I was pleasantly surprised how well the wifi worked. We used 2 android phones, samsung tablet and an iPad. It was certainly not broadband at home, but I never felt like I was waiting for it to load anything. I found that apps (email, facebook, etc,) were quicker than access through the brouser. But I even worked through a couple mock bookings on RCCL's Web page and it never seemed slow (again not speedy either). Given some of the comments I had read before we sailed, I was really pleased!

• 9 months later...