IF YOU WANT TO TAKE ALCOHOL ON BOARD - P&O ARE THE LINE TO CRUISE WITH

You make me laugh. People try and share information about subjects which obviously interest the majority of people on these boards and all you get back is abuse. If Cruise Critic think it will be of interest then lets assume they know their client base. Bye for now.

We carried bottles of booze on the Navigator of the Seas this past January with no issue, and our tablemates carried a case of Red Stripe in UNDER THEIR ARM - they even put it through the metal detector and nobody said a word.

They did, however, tell me I couldn't bring my coconut on. Perhaps Princess has more lenient coconut rules, but their alcohol policies are no different than RCCL's.

Cheers,

Rick.

2004 Caribbean Princess

2004 Navigator of the Seas (Read Review)

2002 Rhapsody of the Seas

2000 Voyager of the Seas

1997 SS Norway

1995 SS Norway

1991 MS Meridien

1990 SS Norway

lesleyfb

My opinion as to why the other poster was less

than impressed was your comment and not the information you shared.

"Looks like P&O will be getting my business from now on."

It is one thing to post information, and it is, quite, another thing to taunt people who obviously like RCI. And if you think that is abuse icon_rolleyes.gif, well I thought the poster showed a lot of restraint. icon_biggrin.gif

jc

Well P&O may be all well and good for people in Europe; but we folks in the colonies find it a little easier to cruise with more local lines.

I certainly am not going to fly 6 hours or more just to get a bottle of booze on more easily.

But thanks anyway.

celtic

I didn't mean to put anybody's back up. I just meant that if there was a choice of cruises at all at about the same price, I'd look more favourably on P&O - not just because of their liquor policy but because I've also heard good things about the line. That's all.

have been with rccl 10 times now and the last 9 we have carried on both booze and soda's...never any questions...plan to do it again this coming march on the VOS...EAT...DRINK AND HAVE A SUPER VACATION...go find something else to worry about

Mike Blum

We also carried on 4 bottles of champagne in our carry-on's (2 of us). We packed 3 bottles of wine in our checked luggage. It's not that big a deal. I was terrified after reading these boards, but didn't encounter any problems.

And even if they HAD confiscated the champagne, I would have gladly paid the $12.50 corkage fee - rather than paying the triple markup on it.

Knowing what I know now about their selection and prices, on future trips I will leave the wine at home and continue to bring on the champagne.

Navigator of the Seas 5/04

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lesleyfb:

I didn't mean to put anybody's back up. I just meant that if there was a choice of cruises at all at about the same price, I'd look more favourably on P&O - not just because of their liquor policy but because I've also heard good things about the line. That's all.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I'm glad you've managed to convince yourself that's what you meant.

I still can't fathom why bringing alcohol on board is that big a deal. I enjoy a glass of wine or two at dinner, I'm not a tea-totaler, but I just don't see it. Why is it that important to have alcohol on vacation? It's not as if it's a dry ship. There is alcohol available...

Kath

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2005;08;14;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 My big 5-0 cruise!

08/05 - Adventure of the Seas

11/02 - Amsterdam

08/01 - Norwegian Sky

11/99 - Veendam

11/93 - Monarch of the Seas

HI LESLEY!!!

Thank you for posting the URL on booze policy...I enjoyed it very much.

Don't pay any attention to some of these harliners...that's why they are called "CRUISE CRITICS" LOL!!!

ROSS

RMS QUEEN ELIZABETH 1965/TS BREMEN 1971/RMS AMERIKANIS 1972/SS FRANCE 1973/SS FRANCE 1973/QE II 1975/QE II 1975/TS LEONARDO DaVINCI 1976/QE II 1978/TS GALLILAO 1984/ MV REGENT SEA 1988/MV ZENITH 1992/SS NORWAY 1993/MV HORIZON 1998/GTS NORWEGIAN SUN 2001/GTS CENTURY 2002/GTS SUMMIT 2003/GTS JEWEL OF THE SEAS 2004

Someone over on the Disney board said you can bring alcohol onto Disney ships. I don't know if this is reflective of their actual policy though. However, I'm sure I'll find out eventually as after our PC cruise in 1/05, we plan to take the kids in 06 for a disneyworld/cruise package. Can't wait!

Carnival Festivale 8/95

RCI Navigator of the Seas 1/24/04--SEE MY REVIEW AT http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=408097554&m=7683004077

RCI Brilliance of the Seas 1/14/05

WE CAN'T WAIT TIL WE SAIL AGAIN!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;1;14;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CTKath:

I still can't fathom why bringing alcohol on board is that big a deal. I enjoy a glass of wine or two at dinner, I'm not a tea-totaler, but I just don't see it. Why is it that important to have alcohol on vacation? It's not as if it's a dry ship. There is alcohol available...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some of us have expensive drinking habits - whether it goes by quantity or quality. My champagne is $34 at BJ's Wholesale Club. On the NAvigator it was $95. I love to drink champagne and I love to drink a LOT of it. I can't splurge $95 for every bottle - it's not going to happen.

Unlike the wine, which is still pricey, but more reasonable, I would not bother bringing wine on board, I'll simply buy it there.

Most people drink a LOT on board, not just 1 or 2 drinks like you icon_smile.gif

Navigator of the Seas 5/04

Thanks for your info OP. I always bring a couple of bottles of alcohol in my checked luggage. Carefully wrapped of course. I want a drink in my suite when I want it and not when room service brings it. Never had a problem yet after over a dozen cruises on about 6 lines.

Gene in Birmingham

Archived