Anybody else see this Rock Legends 4 day cruise.

bguppies

Saw this on my RSS reader this morning....

Rock Legends cruise

The four-day cruise sails December 1st, 2011 on the Liberty of the Seas.

This is a full ship charter.

• ZZ Top
  • George Thorogood and the Destroyers
  • John Kay and Steppenwolf
  • The Marshall Tucker Band
  • Dickey Betts & Great Southern (Allman Brothers Band)
  • Foghat
  • Molly Hatchet
  • Johnny Winter
  • Edgar Winter
  • The Outlaws
  • Artimus Pyle (Lynryrd Skynyrd)
  • Blackfoot
  • Pat Travers
  • Devon Allman's Honeytribe
  • SwampDaWamp
  • The Chris Hicks Band
  • Preacher Stone
  • Ryan Balthrop

This four-day cruise sails from Fort Lauderdale to the Royal Caribbean private island at Coco Cay and a stop at Nassau. Because the entire ship is chartered you will not be seeing the usual production shows onboard. Every night will be dedicated to rock 'n roll shows by these amazing artists:

This cruise is selling out quickly, but take a look at the Rock Legends Cruise web site and book soon if you want the lowest prices. Inside staterooms are already sold out,(cheapest was $699 for double occupancy) but balcony staterooms can be had for as little as $1130 per person. That price includes access to all of the shows, jam sessions, private interviews and everything else.

If you enjoy Southern Rock, you definitely get your bang for your buck...

I just wonder how they will find the time for all of these bands to play on a 4 day cruise???

Bill

Saw this on my RSS reader this morning....

If you enjoy Southern Rock, you definitely get your bang for your buck...

I just wonder how they will find the time for all of these bands to play on a 4 day cruise???

Bill

They better have a bigger supply of booze than usual if Dickey is on board and maybe keep him in a life jacket 24/7 just in case.

looks like fun but would rather cruise to cruise as with all those bands and that much $$$ you would feel obligated to spend all the time watching them. therefore not leaving much time for anything else......I would consider a theme cruise but not that much theme in such a short period of time:p

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I went on this cruise last year and have booked the next one.

RLC I was everything a "mature" (present company included) rock fan could want. The ship was fabulous and the crew were extra happy to be there as well as all of the bands and fans. The music was plentiful and excellent. The crowds were manageable by there being three active stages usually playing at the same time. The shows were all open seating or standing with no tickets or reservations required except for the headliner, ZZ-Top which required a ticket and was included in the price. This was the first cruise for the Native American Heritage Association and they did an outstanding job keeping it all together. $250 of your ticket was donated to them in your name and a receipt was provided for your USA tax deduction. Most of the bands were enjoying their time off with the passengers and happy to get a picture or autograph.

The next one will be little different, no headliner so no tickets and only one stop so more music.

As with last year, there will be on-board raffles that you can buy into including a custom built chopper, signed guitars, artwork and more.

Hope to see you on the next one:

Jan 10 - 13, 2012

Fort Lauderdale to Labadee

See the web site, rocklegendscruise dot com for band list and prices.

There are still some cheaper cabins left on the site at $699 per person for a 4 person inside cabin. With tip, taxes and fees that's $3444 total for 4. A single $250 deposit reserves the cabin.

Thanks!

Archived