Information on John Watling's Distillery needed

bermudababe

Will be in Nassau on a November cruise and would like to visit the rum distillery. I am first interested in whether the trip can be walked and if so approximately how far? Are there any safety issues in undertaking this walk? Finally, I would be interested in a must see list that might be able to be incorporated into this walk. Thank you in advance.

It's only about a 15-minute walk but be aware that it is uphill. We were there last month and combined a stop at Graycliff with a tour of the distillery. They are only a couple of blocks apart. We did Graycliff first, bought some cigars and then did the chocolate factory tour - highly recommended. We did Watling's last, so we wouldn't have to lug around any rum we bought. :)

There are pictures of Graycliff and Watling's in my Enchantment of the Seas review. The link is in my signature. Scroll to post #24.

Here is a map:

http://www.frommers.com/images/destinations/maps/jpg-2006/470640-mp0405nassauwalk.jpg

To get to Graycliff, we took Bay Street to George and turned right at Government House. That route seemed pretty well travelled.

From Graycliff to John Watling's, we passed the National Art Gallery. There were signs pointing the way.

Just a real quick note for anyone reading this post in regards to Graycliff's Chocolate Factory Tour and the Oasis of the Seas (and any other ship stopping in Nassau on a Sunday).

We contacted Graycliff and they are closed on Sundays, though John Watling's is open 7 days a week. Just for those who might want to combine the two in a walk.

For those who have been to Graycliff, I know the hotel is obviously open on Sundays. Do they have a gift shop that sells their chocolate in the hotel? And if so, is it open on Sundays? I forgot to ask that when I contacted them. Thanks.

For those who have been to Graycliff, I know the hotel is obviously open on Sundays. Do they have a gift shop that sells their chocolate in the hotel? And if so, is it open on Sundays? I forgot to ask that when I contacted them. Thanks.

They do have a separate gift shop where you can purchase the chocolates. Sorry, I don't know if it is open on Sunday.

Archived