Hurricane Frances Graphics

thanks for the graphic terry...i live in palm beach county and it looks as though she's headed straight for us this time. we haven't had a hurricane in the west palm beach area in nearly 30 years. we are looking at 2 possible scenarios...one will push her up and out to sea, like isabel did last year. the other would have 2 high pressure systems carry her right to us!!!!!!!!!!

i, for one, am sitting on the edge of my seat. she's a cat4 right now and the local weather said that the waters in that area are 90degrees and that will help her strengthen to a cat5 in a few short days. none of this news is too great for south florida, needless to say.

i'll try to post back here and let y'all know what the local weathermen advise us to do....

thanks again for the graphic!

Here is a link with wind forecasts in knots. When you convert to miles per hour with the scale at the lower right you can see this will be a VERY impressive storm when it arrives in the Bahamas Friday. :eek: http://www.intellicast.com/Local/USNationalWide.asp?loc=usa&seg=StormCenter&prodgrp=TrackingCharts&product=HurTrack1&prodnav=none&pid=none

It's already gusting to 160 miles per hour!:(

All I can say is, that if you are cruising this week on any cruise line OUT OF FL. FROM THE EAST COAST you need to keep in close contact with your Cruise line. Because if they have to leave early cause of weather like this and they will. And you will be left behind with no refund or credit . So keep it touch with your cruise line.

NIta

As Charley proved, you can't always rely on a hurricane to adhere precisely to the early projected path. Just a 'wobble' this far out can affect where a storm comes ashore 4-6 days later by 100 miles or more.

The current path doesn't absolutely rule out danger to anyone from Key West to Bayonne... just makes a hit at the far ends of that area less likely at this point.

I'm just hoping it will take a sharp right turn and head out into tne N Atlantic and die. Not real likely at this point, but the unlikely can and does happen from time to time with these monster storms.

i don't think the treasure coast region or the palm beaches have anything to look at. if you look at the curve she is taking then even if she follows her projected path perfectly, she's hit orlando or north of there.

think good thoughts. :)

This is *not* a good thought!! ;)

If it hits Orlando or north of there, I more than likely will not be on the Mariner next weekend!

Firefighterhoop-???? My mother leaves next Saturday and she has never bought insurance. She has cruised 19 times and has never needed it- she regrets it this time. Where can she get insurance at this late date?

I wont pretend to know the answer,but would be guess its like other insurances.:confused: .But if there is a storm in the Gulf,or possibly approaching,you can not purchase any type of home owners,property coverage.

Does anyone know how/when an evacuation would be handled in the bahamas. My 18 year old daughter is vacationing with friends on one of the small private islands there and I'm VERY concerned. Any info on how evacuations work and how soon they would be ordered would be GREATLY appreciated.

hi carnella! we're down here in lake worth, just about 50 miles south of you...can you believe that i fell asleep and missed the local news??? what a dummy!!!

as for diane, i have no idea, but if you can contact your daughter, i'd ave her ask the front desk at the hotel. how long will she be there?? i'd certainly get out of there bt wednesday the latest...and i do mean the latest.

flamongo...i'm chanting... ENE ENE ENE ENE ENE ... i was at my mom's today in delray, and can you believe she didn't even know about frances???? hoy cow! she's too busy watching msnbc and not the local news so she missed it! we told her that when i call, she is to grab all her important docs and clothes for a few days and get in the car immediately and drive to me! from there, we go north north north...

any updates yet???

I am watching the storms track very closely as I leave on the Fantasy Thursday. I know that the cruise will go on Thursday but we may just float around for three days and not make it to Nassau which is no big deal for me.

Right now it is too early to tell where Francis is going to go. I lived in Florida for forty years and know how fickle these things are. There are so many factors that can determine her path and eventual landfall. Right now they are saying somewhere between Jupiter and Cocoa Beach but the margin of error is over three-hundred miles.

gordon...if the storm looks too close for comfort...can we stay with you in georgia?? lol

actually we have friends in valdosta if it comes to that, that's where we're going..

if it comes to that. i hadn't heard about the jupiter to cocoa thing. i'll have to go to accuweather.com and check it out...

A TROPICAL STORM WATCH IS IN EFFECT FOR THE FOLLOWING LEEWARD

ISLANDS...SAINT MAARTEN....ANGUILLA...BARBUDA...AND ANTIGUA. THE

TROPICAL STORM WATCH MAY BE EXTENDED TO THE BRITISH AND U.S. VIRGIN

ISLANDS LATER TONIGHT.

INTERESTS IN THE NORTHERN LESSER ANTILLES AND THE NORTHEASTERN

CARIBBEAN SEA SHOULD CLOSELY MONITOR THE PROGRESS OF FRANCES.

i just got this off of a national weather website.....all those sailing in the next week should call their respective cruise lines and check on what the situation is as far as your particular ship.

I may be giving the keys to my family in Florida. I have a sister that lives in Vero Beach and my parents and a couple of my other sisters live just north of Tampa. The interstates going north from Florida are going to be busy if this thing makes landfall down there. I doubt many will go to the center of the state this time after what Charley did. That is one thing that I do not miss about Florida but it is a great place to live and I will be back there one day.

mojo...i will be doing the same thing tomorow!!! we're on the right coast and this time, so far, it looks like we'll be in the soup! not much chance frances will go towards the gulf this time. it's worry time for the east coast for a change...

gordon..you are sooo right. if we even THINK it doesn't look good, we're so out of here.

i've been here for 13 years and after andrew and charley, i'm not willing to play around with this stuff. my house is a wood frame house, built in '56. fat chance there'd be much left if we get hit. matchsticks perhaps...:( :(

Archived