Hurricane Jeanne Updates...Unfortunately, here we go again...

gigsjh

Hi guys! Just called NCL in Florida and they "claim" there are no changes SO FAR for our Sunday's Cruise. Do I believe that - NOT!!!!!! I just think they are keeping mum. Anyway, let's not panic! We are still going somewhere - I am thinking they might reverse the itinerary, start in the Bahamas and work up towards Poprt Canaveral once Jeanne is out of the way! See you Sunday!!!!

This is what I have found so far...

THE NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER IS ISSUING ADVISORIES ON

RECENTLY-DOWNGRADED TROPICAL STORM IVAN...LOCATED ABOUT 25 MILES

SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF BIRMINGHAM ALABAMA...AND ON RECENTLY-DOWNGRADED TROPICAL STORM JEANNE...LOCATED 50 MILES NORTHEAST OF SANTO DOMINGO IN THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC.

THE NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER HAS BEGUN ISSUING ADVISORIES ON

NEWLY-FORMED TROPICAL DEPRESSION TWELVE...LOCATED ABOUT 670 MILES

WEST-SOUTHWEST OF THE CAPE VERDE ISLANDS.

ELSEWHERE...TROPICAL STORM FORMATION IS NOT EXPECTED THROUGH FRIDAY.

We are going on the Dawn 9/26, and are wishing you and your crew "beautiful sailing" :D

Lorry

Cecelia

Do you have any updates at all? I am packing cool weather clothes.It is cool in Halifax this time of year.

We Canadians are used to it but I want warm weather and the Bahamas.Does anyone have any info on alternate itineraries?

SHOREGUY

You are usually up to speed.Do you know?

Cecelia

Do you have any updates at all? I am packing cool weather clothes.It is cool in Halifax this time of year.

We Canadians are used to it but I want warm weather and the Bahamas.Does anyone have any info on alternate itineraries?

SHOREGUY

You are usually up to speed.Do you know?

I am sure no decision will be made until the last minute. All you can do is keep clicking on the link below:

http://www.ncl.com/news/pr/pr_severe_weather.htm

Just checked NOAA at 8:15 pm 9/17/04 - maybe it is wishful thinking, BUT it looks like the projected Jeanne is starting to turn north and away from the mainland. Keep the faith - we are going South!!!!!!!!!!

Bring your bathing suits and warm weather clothes! see you all on Sunday!

Just heard the latest from the WEather Channel - they had that guy from the Hurricane Center in FL. He said that Jeanne is turning N - NW and "not staying together". It could come back, but.......... it is moving very slow and "should continue on its N - NW direction". Presently there are no hurricane warnings posted for the northern Bahamas.

I DO believe we are going to be OK on our Cruise. Will probably miss Stirrup Cay, but who knows? Maybe Freeport or Key West? I am sure we are going SOUTH!

Verified with our limo service - getting picked up tomorrow at 10:30 am and on to the DAWN!!!!! See you there!

Archived