My Islands Tour by Javin or Island Tour with Rose and Jim's taxi

conklincruise

Hello cruise critic friends,

We have a group of 11, 6 adults and 5 teenagers, sailing to St. Kitts in early April. I have seen numerous reviews for both Javin and Rose and Jim on this board. My question is this: Which tour do you believe would be better for our group that consist of 5 teenagers? :D Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

We did my Islands Tour with Javin in Oct 2015 and had a great time! His tour is different from many we have been on in that it focuses on "doing things" rather than "seeing things" which is more of what we were looking for. At that time he had a max of 14 on the tour but would go even if it was just the two of us so that appealed to us as well.

The tour in his open air safari truck took us to the black rocks where we actually climbed down and took pictures, a tour of an old abandoned cotton mill, hiking in the rain forest, snorkeling out to a ship wreck and a stop to relax at Cockleshell Beach before returning to the ship.

Along the way Javin provided information on what we were seeing as well as the history of his home town including what it was like growing up here! It is clear that he loves this island and is proud to call it his home!

Extras provided included local pastries and juices after the rain forest hike (along with soap and water to wash up before eating), tons of photos that he took of the group during the day, including underwater on the snorkel stop, posted to his website and download-able at no cost, more pastries and rum drinks at the beach stop at the end after all activities were done (safety first)!

It was definitely a full day of activity and we were pretty tired when we got back!! All around a great day and highly recommend!

I have used Rose and Jim 2 times in the past, and am booked w them again in 3 weeks! Last time we got together w 18 people from off our rollcall to go. Rose has always given us a great tour, and will take you ANYWHERE you want to go. Truth is, not really that big of an Island, and not really that much for teenagers to see that they will find interesting.. mine just wanted beach's lol

although, Your Guys could be different, and really get into it!

She does seem to know everybody, and has gotten us into a few places that you wouldn't normally be allowed :)

I highly rec'md Them... and as I said, will be using them very shortly.

I will be taking my 76yr old MIL, and my 22yr old Autistic Daughter w us this cruise. I called her, and told her my needs/concerns.. no worries

Our day is planned...Hope this helps:)

My Island Tours sounds very interesting. Do you remember how long the tour is and how much it cost?

It was about 7 hours long from pick up at the pier to drop off but Javin paid close attention to the time to ensure we got back with time to spare. It was definitely a full day but probably one of the most memorable tours we've done.

Here's a link for more info including cost. More info about meeting place, etc under the "Contact Us" tab... https://myislandstours.shutterfly.com/ourtours