Florida Aquarium, Tampa

runner15km

The miracle normally docks at terminal 2, and the aquarium is right next door. They actually share the same dropoff circle for cars. Not much of a walk at all. And it is a very nice aquarium.

Dont know about the luggage storage question tho, sorry.

At the cruise terminal itself there is a luggage storage locker that you can have your luggage stored in. It is in the front "check-in" area on the lower level. I believe the charge is $5.00 to store your luggage (not sure).

The aquarium is directly across the road and I think you can even purchase discount tickets at the counter where you check your luggage. I have done this twice and both times have thoroughly enjoyed the aquarium. In fact there is also an old military ship docked on the other side of the aquarium that I toured last time I was there in February. Touring this old vessel was a stark contrast after a week on a modern cruise ship!!

Enjoy your trip!

??? 150 feet from door to door. Total walking time is less than 1 minute.

Steve

I was not certain exactly what pier she docked in. Some of them are farther away but none are too far to walk.

It's been three years since I lived there so perhaps there have been some changes as well.

I'll be coming off the Inspiration May 5th. I have a 1:30 flight out. Will there be enough time see the Aquarium after debarkation?

Depends on what time you get off the ship. If you are one of the early off people youwill have time for this aquarium-- Then head to the airport about 11. But if you are one of the last ones off-- usually after 10 or so.. I would think that touring would be very rushed.

It sounds like I need to be able to allow a couple of hours. Is that about right? Tampa Airports web site indicate we should be there about an hour ahead of our flight so maybe I could stretch the aquarium to 11:30 and be OK. Tight but OK

Cav: Miami Airport is not a place you want to "just cut it close" Sometimes it will take OVER an hour just to get through the security gates. Depends if this is a weekend day--where lots of ships will be coming in and airport traffic will be a bit more hectic then during the week.

Cav: Miami Airport is not a place you want to "just cut it close" Sometimes it will take OVER an hour just to get through the security gates. Depends if this is a weekend day--where lots of ships will be coming in and airport traffic will be a bit more hectic then during the week.

I believe Cavscout is refering to Tampa,not Miami.There should be no other cruise ships that day.

Steve

Archived