Transfer from Pier 12, Brooklyn to hotel in Manhattan

timslouise

We are sailing on Queen Mary 2 from Southampton to New York in September. Please can someone help / give advice as to transfers available to hotel in Manhattan area? Also how will we know what time we will disembark?

Many thanks.

You can take a taxi from the pier to Manhattan. Fare will depend on exactly where you're going, but $25-$30 to midtown Manhattan, plus tolls and tip probably is a reasonable guess.

I can't address Cunard's disembarkation procedures. You may want to post that question on the Cunard board.

We are sailing on Queen Mary 2 from Southampton to New York in September. Please can someone help / give advice as to transfers available to hotel in Manhattan area? Also how will we know what time we will disembark?

Many thanks.

Cunard calls the disembark by decks although some people have special needs which are accommodated(time, disability or excursions) as well. They will have an orientation telling you how it will work on this particular sailing as they sometimes change the order for some reason. There will be waiting limo and car services arranged by the pier. These are in general twice what you you pay a taxi or your own arranged car service to do the same transfer.

Most own arranged car services will want you to call as you are actually getting off because scheduling an exact time is difficult and will cost you if the car has to wait for you.

you can use http://www.camellimo.com website to estimate the cost.

I use Arecibo locally 7187836465 if you call they can tell you the exact price...

this is what the pier and the area look like

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AbsWrRu1ctGu7

Thank you both for your replies. If we decide to go with taking a cab are they Yellow cabs and do they just queue waiting for anyone to hire them?

Sorry if these questions seem silly but only been to America 2 times and both times we had transport arranged by our travel agent but their price s very high this time so we decided to try and organise ourselves! :)

Thanks Carol. Have to make sure my mobile will work in USA!

As a side question how do you get your clock for cruises etc into your messages? Sorry but I really am a newbie at posting anything but very basics and I tend to read the forums etc and nothing else!

timslouise (Wendy)

I'm not very good at this either. I need to get rid of the cruise that has already sailed and add the upcoming cruises. Anyway, at the top of the page at the bottom of the Cruise Critic banner there is a choice for User CP. This leads you to a page where you can edit your signature. Perhaps others can give you more precise instructions - I don't do this too often because I find it to be chore to get it right. The last few times I've cheated a bit and just copied the existing XML and altered the ship and date.

Thank you both for your replies. If we decide to go with taking a cab are they Yellow cabs and do they just queue waiting for anyone to hire them?

Sorry if these questions seem silly but only been to America 2 times and both times we had transport arranged by our travel agent but their price s very high this time so we decided to try and organise ourselves! :)

yellow cabs are hit and miss by this pier but I suspect that the Boro taxis(something new that are lime green colored and have meters) will be there in force.

see

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2078327

and they don't seem silly at all...

Thank you very much smeyer418. The link was very informative and I think we will go with Arecibo.

Getting very excited now as just over a week until we leave home. It is raining here today so we are planning what we would like to do and see while in New York before we move on to Boston and New England!

Many thanks again to all the very helpful comments. :):)

timslouise (Wendy)