Please help first time cruiser

Can you tell me how far the Southampton west quay premiere inn is from the Southampton airport and what a taxi or private car service would cost. Also how far is the princess port from the inn and what is the best mode of transportation. I thank you so much

The Premier Inn is about five miles from the airport and the taxi fare should be around £10.

Ocean Terminal is a ten minute walk.

Can you tell me how far the Southampton west quay premiere inn is from the Southampton airport and what a taxi or private car service would cost. Also how far is the princess port from the inn and what is the best mode of transportation. I thank you so much

Just confirming you mean the Southampton airport (SOU), and not one of the London Airports (LHR, LGW) - which are 75 miles away?

Thank you for the responses. Yes, we are flying into and out of Southampton from the USA.

................ errrr, no you're not!!!

There are no trans-Atlantic flights into Southampton airport.

Want to check your flight arrangements again?

Or perhaps you're flying via a European hub like Paris or Amsterdam, where you switch to a Southampton-bound flight?

JB :)

A taxi from the rank at Southampton airport is around £20. Pre-booked (eg http://www.westquaycars.com ) about £14.

Plenty of availability of metered taxis at cruise terminal & airport, just expect to pay that bit more than for a pre-booked car.

I contacted West Quay cars about a transfer for our group of 6 from SOU to the Premier West Quay..if they can have a large enough vehicle for us all it'll be 22 GBP, otherwise it'll be 2 cars for a 33 GBP total...still cheaper than 2 taxis (unless you think we can get a taxi big enough to fit 6...).

I contacted West Quay cars about a transfer for our group of 6 from SOU to the Premier West Quay..if they can have a large enough vehicle for us all it'll be 22 GBP, otherwise it'll be 2 cars for a 33 GBP total...still cheaper than 2 taxis (unless you think we can get a taxi big enough to fit 6...).

There are certainly some Southampton taxis which carry five.

Which means you simply decide who in your party is best able to walk 4.5 miles, carrying the luggage.:D

But that WestQuay van sounds a lot more sensible ;)