Taxi to Daiquiri Dick's in P.V.

EagleRockers

What would be the approximate taxi fare from the cruise port to Daiquiri Dick's (located on Los Muertos beach)? Would that be the same for the return fare?

I'm not planning on exchanging dollars for pesos. Is the American dollar still widely accepted in Puerto Vallarta?

Many thanks for your comments!

Two taxi services in Vallarta: White port taxis that only take people away from the port and charge per person in USD's AND yellow city taxis that operate throughout the city except on port/airport property. Yellow taxis charge per taxi ride with up to 4 passengers. You can find them just outside the port property. Rates for both taxi services operate on a zone boundary system. The Cuale River that separates El Centro from the Southside is a zone boundary.

The cost should be roughly $4-$5 USD per person for white port taxis. It should be roughly 80 pesos ($8 USD at taxi driver conversion rate) each way. I can't tell you the exact port taxi rate today as we don't use them but I have been lead to believe that the cost is the same for port/city taxis if there are just two people. The savings is realized with 3-4 people in the city taxis and gets better if you pay on pesos because the actual exchange rate is close to 15:1 right now.

And yes, USD's are welcome just abut everywhere in Vallarta. Just know in advance that you should not EXPECT to get USD's in change.

Enjoy!

Two taxi services in Vallarta: White port taxis that only take people away from the port and charge per person in USD's AND yellow city taxis that operate throughout the city except on port/airport property. Yellow taxis charge per taxi ride with up to 4 passengers. You can find them just outside the port property. Rates for both taxi services operate on a zone boundary system. The Cuale River that separates El Centro from the Southside is a zone boundary.

The cost should be roughly $4-$5 USD per person for white port taxis. It should be roughly 80 pesos ($8 USD at taxi driver conversion rate) each way. I can't tell you the exact port taxi rate today as we don't use them but I have been lead to believe that the cost is the same for port/city taxis if there are just two people. The savings is realized with 3-4 people in the city taxis and gets better if you pay on pesos because the actual exchange rate is close to 15:1 right now.

And yes, USD's are welcome just abut everywhere in Vallarta. Just know in advance that you should not EXPECT to get USD's in change.

Enjoy!

As they say in Mexico, muchas gracias!

• 2 weeks later...
What would be the approximate taxi fare from the cruise port to Daiquiri Dick's (located on Los Muertos beach)? Would that be the same for the return fare?

I'm not planning on exchanging dollars for pesos. Is the American dollar still widely accepted in Puerto Vallarta?

You didn't really ask, but I will add my $0.02Pesos worth....just in case.

We travel to PV twice a year, and rent a condo directly above Daiquiri Dick's, and although we have eaten there a few times, we much prefer one of the places right on the beach (read that to be "on the sand".) You might consider Blue Shrimp, which is right next door, or CyC which is "maybe" 2 blocks south, or Burros, or Languistinos, or Sea Monkey ($1.00 beer and Maggies). Actually, all are good, we just like sitting under a Palapa with our toes in the sand. The taxi fare will be the same for all of those. No matter where you decide to land, you also might consider wandering north on the Malecon. Great views, and a very pleasant stroll. Too...the closer that you wander towards the cruise docks, the less the cabs back should cost. :)

You didn't really ask, but I will add my $0.02Pesos worth....just in case.

We travel to PV twice a year, and rent a condo directly above Daiquiri Dick's, and although we have eaten there a few times, we much prefer one of the places right on the beach (read that to be "on the sand".) You might consider Blue Shrimp, which is right next door, or CyC which is "maybe" 2 blocks south, or Burros, or Languistinos, or Sea Monkey ($1.00 beer and Maggies). Actually, all are good, we just like sitting under a Palapa with our toes in the sand. The taxi fare will be the same for all of those. No matter where you decide to land, you also might consider wandering north on the Malecon. Great views, and a very pleasant stroll. Too...the closer that you wander towards the cruise docks, the less the cabs back should cost. :)

I guess we all like different things. My husband and I don't like sitting on the beach on chairs that sink into the sand and can't be adjusted. We spend three months every winter in PV and one of our favourite restaurants is Daiquiri Dicks. BTW - what is a Maggies?

I guess we all like different things. My husband and I don't like sitting on the beach on chairs that sink into the sand and can't be adjusted. We spend three months every winter in PV and one of our favourite restaurants is Daiquiri Dicks. BTW - what is a Maggies?

MARGARITAS !!!!!! Sea Monkey makes them for one dollar US. GOOD !!!!! They also have inside tables and chairs !

Edited by swedish weave

If you want a real thrill and a taste of Mexico, take the local bus. Blue and White with centro on the window. Price is 7.50 pesos (about 50 cents US but they don't take US coins) Get off at the first stop past the Rio Cuale and walk down to the ocean. You should come out beside the Sea Monkey and you can ask about the other places which are very near.

To each his own, obviously. I might add that all of the places that I mentioned also have "inside" seating, for those that don't care for sinking chairs. My post was aimed at the OP (and those that may not have had the pleasure of exploring PV before.) My Bride and I used to cruise, and often found ourselves at places that "Newbies" recommended, only to discover that there are other establishments that we enjoyed more. I would never expect my experiences to match those that "spend three months every winter in PV"....btw....Maggies are Margaritas, and the Sea Monkey's Maggies are NOT the best I've ever had, but with toes in the sand, and a Maggie in the hand (for a buck), works for me. Enjoy your winters mexico8, I do honestly envy your ability to do that.