FLL to Everglades Port with Hertz

pmcue

At last minute we have decided to rent a car from Hertz so ee can head to Miami one day for tennis tourney. Does anyone know where their drop off location is by port everglades and do they have shuttle running all morning.

Actually you should call Hertz and set up a drop off spot. Some do not offer shuttles or will not take a car return. Depends on date. And all car rental companies change their "rules" at will. So get info that is current for your need and date.

We were able to take our car back to the office at Bahia Mar, but there was no shuttle to or from the port for that spot. We were staying at the hotel, so returning it to our "assigned" location would have been out of the way.

Edited by eandj

• 2 months later...

Not really meant for the OP, given the timeframe of this post now... but .

As I recall from past reading, there is a shuttle from the Crowne Plaza Hertz (also used by Crowne Plaza guests) to the port, but it's not free. Given the location, if it was more than 5 bucks per person, I would call a cab, since you are basically across the street from the port entrance. A return to the airport location would be an option as well and a cab ride would only be slightly more from there.

Not really meant for the OP, given the timeframe of this post now... but .

As I recall from past reading, there is a shuttle from the Crowne Plaza Hertz (also used by Crowne Plaza guests) to the port, but it's not free. Given the location, if it was more than 5 bucks per person, I would call a cab, since you are basically across the street from the port entrance. A return to the airport location would be an option as well and a cab ride would only be slightly more from there.

I am renting a car in Tampa and trying to return to this location but the website wont let me. I have to use the port everglades location which requires a bus ride to another location (1.9 miles away) and then take a shuttle over to the port

I am renting a car in Tampa and trying to return to this location but the website wont let me. I have to use the port everglades location which requires a bus ride to another location (1.9 miles away) and then take a shuttle over to the port

The Crowne Plaza location IS the Port Everglades location. If you go to the Hertz website and select Fort Lauderdale city locations, you scroll down and see Port Everglades as 455 SE 24th St, and then further down, you see State Rd 84 HLE at 455 State Rd 84. These are the same locations at the Crowne Plaza. Maybe try selecting the SR 84 location as your return and see what it says. Their phone number is (954) 761-1163, maybe call them and see what they say.