Transportation for family of five

mbbarron

Looking for recommendations for my family of five... in Seattle

1) Staying at the Moore Hotel for 3 nights before our cruise...

Coming in late on a Friday night, should I pre-arrange transportation from Sea-Tac to the Moore Hotel (downtown)? I'm slightly concerned about finding a town car or other option that will accommodate five people with all our luggage and just want to be under $50 if that's possible.

2) Figured I would use UberXL to get to Pier 91 from the hotel. Likely the least expensive. Again, will I have trouble getting a vehicle large enough to accommodate all of us including luggage?

3) Have an early flight after we disemback the ship and need to make every minute count. Thinking about booking EastSideforHire / Flatrateforhire. This should be booked in advance, correct?

Thanks for your recommendations!

Edited by mbbarron
city might help...

How much luggage do you have? Will it and your family fit into a minivan?

A metered cab from the taxi line at the airport costs about $40, and will be more for a larger car. Call Yellow Cab for a price.

http://www.eastsideforhire.com is $29 to downtown in a Prius ... their largest car is a minivan, $35. Call to veryify price

Stila Towncar has the airport contract so they have various staged vehicles in the garage at all times. For 2-3 people in a towncar, it's $45. You'd have to call them for the price of 5 pax.

Light Rail is the cheapest option at $3pp if you can easily manage your luggage to walk 10 minutes to the airport station, then a few blocks to your hotel from Westlake Center. Keep in mind that it might be raining ....

there are towncars and limos stationed at the airport. Call Ground Transportation from the phones in Baggage claim. The rate is $45 to downtown however with 5 it may be a $10 surcharge. You don't need to reserve. The company is STILA regulated by the port of Seattle. They have limos and suv's all for the same rate. Uber is normally more than Stila. From the Moore to the pier is less than $20 but you'll most likely need two cabs.

I was trying to avoid two cabs as that doesn't seem very cost efficient. But looks like Uber XL and flatrateforhire should meet my needs. Minivans should definitely work for us and knowing that these two companies have that is the info that I was looking for. Thanks!

Should I make reservations in advance for Flatrateforhire?

virtually no mini van or cab can hold 5 pax and luggage. Max for most is 4. Stick with Stila as they have SUV's and Limos. While I recently started using Uber I've never seen a wide variety of cars and since they are more than Stila I'm not sure what the advantage is?

virtually no mini van or cab can hold 5 pax and luggage. Max for most is 4. Stick with Stila as they have SUV's and Limos. While I recently started using Uber I've never seen a wide variety of cars and since they are more than Stila I'm not sure what the advantage is?

there were 5 us (all adults) in a mini van taxi last March so yes, it's possible.

The OP didn't provide information about luggage ... could be 5 adults with 2 steamer trunks each, or, 2 suitcases and a couple of carryons for tots.

All we can do is provide options; it's up the OP to call the resources provided to determine the best option for their needs and the $50 budget.

And five Big and Tall shoppers with a rollaboard and a messenger bag/backpack each fit in a Toyota minivan just fine. Hence why my answer was also qualified with "not if you have two big bags each".

• 2 weeks later...

We're a family of five, so 2 adults and 3 kids.

We're sharing luggage so probably 2 large suitcases, 1 medium suitcase, 1 small 21 inch roll-on suitcase, plus 3 carry-ons/backpacks (these can go on our laps).

We all fit in our minivan at home with this much luggage (and more) so I would think a minivan option would work for us.

Thanks everyone!