Maui - overnight and tenders

wendycook22

Hi Everyone,

I have never been a on a cruise that has had tender ports. Looking for some insight on how this works. I have read up a bit and see you almost get a number in line - not sure if I am interpreting this correctly.

1. How does it work in the morning?

2. How are wait times? What if we have an excursion in the AM that is not from the cruise line?

3. The overnight in Maui - when does the later tender come in the first night, and when does the first tender go out in the AM? I have seen sunrise excursions and was wondering how this works as some require pick ups at 3am??

Thanks in advance!

Ship excursions will always have priority for tendering

Usually tickets (no cost, of course) are issued at a lounge or theater -- first come, first served. They call by the numbers

After the rush, they will announce that the tenders are open and numbers are no longer required

Depending on the line suite and upper loyalty levels will also have priority.

Our experience in Lahaina was the tenders ran all night -- there was no need for numbers on the second day. They will tell you the schedule, after midnight they will likely go hourly until it get's busy in the morning, when it goes back to continuous.

Aloha!

Edited by CRUZBUDS

Ship excursions will always have priority for tendering

Usually tickets (no cost, of course) are issued at a lounge or theater -- first come, first served. They call by the numbers

After the rush, they will announce that the tenders are open and numbers are no longer required

Depending on the line suite and upper loyalty levels will also have priority.

Our experience in Lahaina was the tenders ran all night -- there was no need for numbers on the second day. They will tell you the schedule, after midnight they will likely go hourly until it get's busy in the morning, when it goes back to continuous.

Aloha!

Oh great!!

I was wondering if there was a last tender on the overnight, not sure if we will be able to stay out late in the evening or anything but it is nice to have available as an option :)

Thanks for explaining the process to me, greatly appreciate it. We are sailing on he Solstice April 26 2016. My husbands dream vacation which he doesn't know we are doing yet. Giving it to him as a surprise for Christmas. Now I just need to try and keep it to myself until then!

Oh great!!

I was wondering if there was a last tender on the overnight, not sure if we will be able to stay out late in the evening or anything but it is nice to have available as an option :)

Thanks for explaining the process to me, greatly appreciate it. We are sailing on he Solstice April 26 2016. My husbands dream vacation which he doesn't know we are doing yet. Giving it to him as a surprise for Christmas. Now I just need to try and keep it to myself until then!

When we went (January) the water was very rough. The first tender made it in and after that they cancelled all the other tenders for safety reasons. We quickly made spa appointments and called it a relax day.