Island Girl - Recent Experiences??

tao1

We did this to Trunk Bay in March. It was a half day tour which didn't leave much time on the beach. Island Girl is a ferry type boat not a sail or cat so the ride over is more transportation than sailing. However the captain and announcer give a lot of info and make it enjoyable. When you get to SJ you transfer to an open air bus that takes you to the beach. We had under 90 minutes there before returning. Island Girl may do other trips too so if you have other questions let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Well,

From this response and TripAdvisor, it appears there are 2 Island Girl boats. I was referring to the Island Girl sloop sailboat that meets you the the Havensight pier and takes you on a day sail! Anyone familair with this one?

My Dh and I sailed on her about 4 years ago. We had a great time and Captain Mike was wonderful. The boat needed a little repair in the cabin area but the top side and the area we spent most of our time was wonderful. thinking of sailing her again in September.

• 2 weeks later...

I would also be interested in any recent experiences. We sailed on her about 8 years ago and had an awesome time and are thinking about taking the kids this time on her again in September. Anyone been on her recently??

• 1 month later...
Well,

From this response and TripAdvisor, it appears there are 2 Island Girl boats. I was referring to the Island Girl sloop sailboat that meets you the the Havensight pier and takes you on a day sail! Anyone familair with this one?

I'm sorry my experience isn't really recent either, but I can report that we had a poor experience that did not live up to our expectations or what was promised. The sailboat was in poor condition and messy, there was no assistant as promised, no snacks, and the "captain" was generally unpleasant.

• 3 months later...
Are there any recent experiences with day sail, specifically 1/2 day sail? Considering this because of pick up near dock.

We did a full day sail on Island Girl in January 2015 and had a marvellous day. We were the only passengers so it was a pretty lowkey day. As mentioned, there was no assistant (we sailed several years ago on Island Girl and then there was a young fellow who went snorkelling with us) but we enjoyed the less structured, unlimited snorkling. Yes, I agree the boat is starting to show her age but we were certainly comfortable. Mike made us a lovely lunch, and we had some cheese and crackers and fruit for a snack. We spent hours swimming and snorkelling on our own and thoroughly enjoyed our day with Mike. This is not a party boat and lacks the glitz and posh of the newer boats, but it suited us.