Chief's Luau at Sea Life Park Questions

drbillmc

We have been to the luau at the Polynesian Cultural Center and loved it. We are looking for just a luau when our ship is in port in October. We have looked at the Paradise Cove Luau and are leaning toward the Chief's Luau at Sea Life Park for several reasons: we read great reviews, especially about the Chief; it is a smaller theater, and they offer transportation to and from the port where our ship docks.

Our questions:

1. will we have any problem getting back to our ship on time? the show ends about 9:00 and our ship sails at 11:00; we prefer to be back early; they say their bus will have us back around 9:30.

2. is there anything else that we should consider or would the Paradise Cove luau be better for us?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Bill

I have not been to the Sea Life Park luau but have been to PCC and Paradise Cove. I think that after the PCC dinner show any of the others will be a bit of a let down. That said, they are fine and Paradise Cove does a good job, they are on the west end and Sea Life on the east end of the island but at that time of the evening traffic shouldn't be a problem coming from either area.

• 1 month later...

I've never been to Chief's so I can't speak to that. I've been to Paradise Cover about 4 or 5 times (I've lost track) and have always enjoyed it.

Time wise you should be fine either way. Traffic is not bad at that time of night.

According to this site, Paradise Cove Luau has a lot of complaints. Don't know if it's true but this is what it says:

http://www.oahuluaus.com/paradise-cove-luau.htm

No complaints whatsoever here. We were just there last week and loved it. Food was great, I cleaned my plate except for the poi.

We had enhanced tickets, were seated up front, served in our seats and got enhanced leis, photos etc. The dancing I thought was exceptional, the fire dance exhilarating. Hukilau demo is right on the lagoon. Being on the water is so pretty. Lots of demonstrations from tattooing (henna) to lei making. And the pig ceremony. Great gift shop. I looked all over almost every island for white puka shell strands in the 3 ft long length and could not find them anywhere. Almost gave up when I spotted them at one of the gift kiosks there at Paradise Cove...$1 each(I bought 10!) So I was a happy Haole! We loved everything.

Sounds like that site must have a feud going with Paradise Cove. But I can tell you, we would go again today!

Edited by BecciBoo