Reviews of Acquarius Sea Tours requested please

heavenlysea

I did my research and decided to book a tour with them. You request a reservation online and then they email you. I received an email about an hour later saying they couldn't accommodate my ship's timeframe. Super bummer :/

I did a review of this tour but CC took it down as I broke the rule of NOT starting any threads with reviews :confused:

It was a long review and of course I don't have it saved anywhere, but rest assured, you are in great hands! It was amazing day!

If I have time later, I will redraft it and post it in here.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure when you are cruising or if you already went. We wanted to do Aquarius too but got the same email saying they were booked. We did get booked with Moby Dick. They have great reviews too. He called me personally. So excited. 10 days away.

Just back from our cruise and excursion with Acquarius. In short, boat had about 25 people on it, not crowded. You could sit up top with the captain under a shade or on the forward hull of the boat. Be careful if you do that though, you'll need sunscreen! The interaction with the rays was good but you only get to feed one piece of squid to them. You are arranged in a horseshoe shape near the boat on a sandbar for this. They take pictures which is nice. Starfish point was interesting for pictures and quick facts about them. The snack is pizza from a pizza shop and is OK when you're hungry. I thought we got more interaction with the rays with Capt. Marvins but that was a few years ago so I'm not sure if you can still feed the rays more than 1 piece. It was nice having pictures taken for us.

• 4 weeks later...

We did this about 2 weeks ago with Acquarius.

We all rated it about a 7/10.

Like PP said, not much personal interaction with the Rays and they were 15 min late getting us from the meeting point which was super worrisome.

Would we book again? Maybe, since they include the photos and three stops (even though we had to skip Starfish Point due to jellyfish).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did this about 2 weeks ago with Acquarius.

We all rated it about a 7/10.

Like PP said, not much personal interaction with the Rays and they were 15 min late getting us from the meeting point which was super worrisome.

Would we book again? Maybe, since they include the photos and three stops (even though we had to skip Starfish Point due to jellyfish).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would give them this same rating for the same reasons. They did offer us 10% off due to no Starfish Point. The main reason I booked them was that they took the underwater photos for free. If I had my own camera and went again, I would try someone else.

I know this is a review of Aquarius, but we used Moby Dick. They got in the water with us. Took pictures with my camera. Helped us hold the stingrays. Had a bucket of squid and we fed them all we wanted and even other people from other tours would use their food. We snorkels as well.