Homewood Suites vs. Hilton Garden

We are currently booked at the Hilton Garden, Dania. However, I was looking at the Homewood Suites in the same area, and wonder if someone recommends one of these hotels over another.

It doesn't really matter, but we are sticking with Hilton brand.

Any information is appreciated, both positive and negative.

Thanks.

Do you have a car? I would choose a Homewood Suites over a Garden Inn any day, unless local conveniences matter. There is really nothing to speak of in easy walking distance of the Homewood Suites near FLL, where the Garden Inn has the Oakwood Plaza and it's many amenities right across the road. If you have a car, then stay at Homewood and Oakwood is a quick drive.

I can't speak to the specific properties you are looking at but I can say in general I always prefer the Homewood Suites over Hilton Garden Inn.

I'm dedicated to Hilton properties because of their rewards and always look for Homewood first. :)

Location is the only thing that could sway where I stay.

Good information, folks. I may rethink the Hilton Garden. We have never stayed in either of these hotels so your input is very valuable.

We will have our car. Just need to see if they charge for parking. HG does not.

Thanks. More info is welcome.

Homewood doesn't charge either. At least the one on Griffin doesn't, not sure about the new one opening soon downtown (it likely does). I don't know what each offers as far as park and cruise packages or shuttle packages to the port if you weren't planning to park at the port itself. But I'm sure there is something in the options on the website to give you an idea, or you can call each hotel directly.

Dan, we will be parking at the port. We have a long drive ahead of us upon debarkation and I don't want to wait for a shuttle back to the hotel. Our past experiences with hotel shuttles has always taken longer than it should.

I made a reservation for Homewood as they don't charge for parking, they do have complimentary breakfast and some kind of evening social. I just have to remember to cancel the Hilton Garden Inn.:)

Yep sounds like a great plan. We have parked at other ports too when we faced a drive (Boston and Baltimore) and you can't beat the convenience. Hotel shuttles are just too unreliable. I do remember the evening happy hour at Homewood (the one at Baltimore airport) being suitable enough for us to not bother going out for dinner as well. If memory serves, it was a Mon-Thurs evening thing.

There's also a Hampton Inn--also a Hilton product--right at the Oakwood Plaza on Sterling Road.

We recently switched our reservation (for March 2016) from the Homewood to this Hampton...largely because we will be without a car. There is really not much within easy walking distance of the Homewood...but a lot of restaurants, fast food and shopping right next to the Hampton...Otherwise, we found the same room rate at both properties.

Edited by Bruin Steve