horseshoe bay: will one day be less crowded than another?

dorito6778

we're on the summit and in port the same time as breakaway. do you think Wednesday is the day (first port day) people are running for the beach? if so, should we do the zoo/aquarium on Wed (which would require ferrying back and forth twice that day since we intend to hit up Harbor Nights), and beach on Thurs? or beach on Wed, come back, nap, then harbor nights…and zoo/aquarium on Thurs?

or doesn't matter? lol. i'm just thinking whats best for crowds at the beach

Just returned on the Breakaway. The first day in port, Wednesday, Horseshoe Bay was PACKED. I do think most people run there the first day. It was a sea of umbrellas and ALOT of people everywhere. The little cove to the right was packed with kids. We went back on the 3rd day, Friday, and it was much less crowded.

Karen

We were just on Breakaway and went to Horseshoe Bay on Friday. Took a shuttle at about 9:30 am and found a spot at the little cove on the right (beautiful parrot fish and other fish in 3-4 ft calm water). I expected it to be really crowded but really it was fine. The middle part will be most crowded but just walk 5 minutes down the beach to the left beyond the large rocks and hardly anyone is there. Enjoy!

We went on the first day to Horseshoe - There were 3 other ships in port (2 in Royal Dockyard and 1 in Hamilton) ... But, we went early (arrived by 10 am) and found a good spot. It got crowded towards the afternoon, but it wasn't bad. There are so many places to explore there, people seemed kind of spread out so the crowd didn't seem as bad as I worried it might be. Definitely, walk the Beach Trail ... Well worth the effort!! And make sure you get a drink at the little shack right at Horseshoe Bay beach ... YUM!! The Piña Coladas are lethal!! :D After spending the day at the beach, we caught the bus on to Hamilton and had a nice dinner at a place called The Pickled Onion on Front Street. The best tables are outside on the terrace upstairs ... Great views of the waterfront! Then we took the ferry back to Royal Dockyard. it was a good day!! Have fun planning:p

Jackie