Help me understand cell phone use in Bermuda, please

danyel

I have Verizon. If I call Bermuda from the states to speak with people to arrange tours, etc., will there be a charge?

While in Bermuda, will there be charges to use the phone to call others in my party or to business, etc. in Bermuda?

I do not have an International plan.

Thanks for educating me!

This is taken from an email Verizon sent to me on Tuesday. Regardless of whether or not you want to get a plan, you might want to call them up to confirm.

--bruce T.

vzw_Bermuda.pdf

• 1 year later...
The reports last year about the quality and speed of the WiFi available at the Dockyard were mixed. Those reports convinced me not to buy it.

I was on the deck of our ship and had between 3 & 4 bars of wifi through TBi/Wifizone, yet the internet crawled at a snail's pace in the very limited amount of time that it did anything. I tried for about an hour to do what would take maybe 2-5 mins on a normal internet speed. When I asked for a refund, they said that they didn't give refunds. I was direct but not rude, but when I said that I would be reporting them, the person working there (the same lady I saw there before), replied, "Sounds good."

I was on the deck of our ship and had between 3 & 4 bars of wifi through TBi/Wifizone, yet the internet crawled at a snail's pace in the very limited amount of time that it did anything. I tried for about an hour to do what would take maybe 2-5 mins on a normal internet speed. When I asked for a refund, they said that they didn't give refunds. I was direct but not rude, but when I said that I would be reporting them, the person working there (the same lady I saw there before), replied, "Sounds good."

Onboard a ship is the least likely spot for good WiFi from a hotspot located on shore. Ships are metal and many decks high. Any signal from shore is going to reflect and bounce around if it even reaches your deck and you get bars. WiFi is low power and short range. It is not cell service. That local service can't put repeaters on the ship. Several have warned that the service is spotty. Pretty much luck for those who were able to connect from a deck. The best place for service is going to be on the ground at or near the shop selling the cards.

Not surprised the lady at the shop can't give refunds once you activated the card. You would have to contact the company that issues the cards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515