Parking charleston

!!SAM!!

• 3 weeks later...
We stayed at the Holiday Inn Charleston in February. Was able to leave the car there and take their shuttle to the port. It was a great deal and very convenient.

Hi--

Are there other downtown hotels that will allow you to park there during your cruise and possibly shuttle you to the terminal? I'd love to get recommendations as avoiding the chaos that is the port seems like it might be a good idea...

Thanks!

Hi--

Are there other downtown hotels that will allow you to park there during your cruise and possibly shuttle you to the terminal? I'd love to get recommendations as avoiding the chaos that is the port seems like it might be a good idea...

Thanks!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=628998&page=59

This thread has all kinds of good info.

This website can help you:

http://www.charlestoncvb.com/visitors/special_offers/packages/stay/

Hi--

Thanks!

The hotels that have the better priced packages usually are 1/2 hour or more from the port in North Charleston or above. The downtown hotels don't need to discount because they're close to full without cruise traffic. Plus they don't give free parking anyway.

Here's what I suggest...find a hotel package with parking and transfer round trip to the port. Then check the price at the same hotel without the cruise package. Now you have the price control difference.

Compare the difference to the cost of parking at the port for a short cruise of 5 nights @$17/nite.

So is it cheaper to book the cruise package or book without it and pay the port charge? Don't forget to calculate the time conversion of transportation both ways before you get your vehicle.

I recommend Mount Pleasant. Find a hotel with free parking for the cruise (there are many) and take a taxi to and from the port for about $20. When I returned I was off the ship, in a taxi and then in my car and on my way before 8:00.